Search for content in message boards

Apponey Prison Record

Apponey Prison Record

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 9:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
I am searching for information on Joseph Apponey (Aponey/Apponyi) b abt 1897 d 1953 in Granite City, Ill. I have found him on 1940 Census in prison in Ill. I have also seen several posts about crimes he commited against his family. Does anyone have any further information on this?

Laura Brady

Re: Apponey Prison Record

Posted: 25 Jan 2013 10:44PM GMT
Don't know about his prison record, but here's his World War I Draft Registration:

http://search.ancestry.com/iexec?htx=View&r=an&dbid=...

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 12:23AM GMT
He was accused of incest. The court was petitioned to commit him as a sexual psychopathic person in 1931. In 1939 he was given probation for receiving stolen goods. Not sure what happened in the incest or sexual psychopath situations. I found this information in the Edwardsville Intelligencer.

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 12:28AM GMT
Sorry, I got in too much of a hurry when I replied. The incest charge was in 1942.

Posted: 27 Jan 2013 3:06AM GMT
Thanks so much for your reply.

Laura Brady

Posted: 1 Feb 2013 2:55AM GMT
How can I access this information or could you send me what you have? I am not related to this family and do not plan to make public whatever I discover.

Laura Brady

Posted: 3 Feb 2013 3:23AM GMT
There is really nothing more than a mention of it in the newspaper. No details at all. I can send you a copy of the newspaper pages but it won't tell you any more than what I have just told you.

Carol

Posted: 5 Feb 2013 3:42PM GMT
If that is all there is no need to send pages. Thanks for your reply.

Laura
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions