Search for content in message boards

Looking for information about Fitzgibbon/ Ryan family of Limerick, Ireland

Looking for information about Fitzgibbon/ Ryan family of Limerick, Ireland

Posted: 6 Sep 2013 3:40PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Fitzgibbon/ Gibbons/ Ryan
I'm looking information about ancestors or decendants of Michael Fitzgibbon and Kitty (Catherine) Ryan of Murroe & Boher , Co. Limerick, Ireland.

I don't know when they married, but they had several children in 1830's to 1840's in Co. Limerick, Ireland. Their son William (born abt 1839) was my GG father who married my GG mother Ellen Fleming in Caherconlish, Limerick, Ireland around 1868.

May have used both surname of Fitzgibbon and Gibbons.

Any information about this family would be welcome!

Re: Looking for information about Fitzgibbon/ Ryan family of Limerick, Ireland

Posted: 8 Sep 2013 1:50AM GMT
Surnames: Ryan Fitzgibbons
I have an ancestor named Ida Mary Ryan who had 2 or 3 children, a boy George and I don't know the name of the daughter. She had the married name of Fitzgibbons. I wonder if there are any connections? Mary's father was John H and his wife Matilda. Do not know her maiden name.

Posted: 8 Sep 2013 5:04PM GMT
Her maiden name was Ryan. Kitty (Catherine) probably had a brother named Martin Ryan. She would have been born in Co Limerick in the early 1800's

I have a few other Ryans in family line, but they married people with surname Costello.

Any connection?

Posted: 9 Sep 2013 2:48PM GMT
Surnames: fitzgibbon , ryan fleming
Log onto www.rootsireland.ie and you will find 3 baptismal records for children born to Michael Fitzgibbon and Kitty Ryan , one in 1835 and 2 in 1839 which includes William . You will also find a marriage record for William Fitzgibbon and Ellen Fleming dated 1868 at Caherconlish ( Civil Parish and District ) and in addition 4 baptismal records dated 1869 , 1875 , 1878 and 1881 .
This site is free to log onto , to view a record there is a small charge .

Posted: 9 Sep 2013 3:46PM GMT
thx...I'm already familiar with this site. Trying to find more information on other ancestors and/or descendants of this family.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions