Search for content in message boards

Palmer, Carpenter families

Palmer, Carpenter families

Posted: 22 Jul 2010 2:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 23 Jul 2010 5:48AM GMT
Surnames: Palmer, Carpenter
I am researching the Palmers of East Feliciana Parish in Louisiana. I have located the main people in my family tree(Nicholas Palmer, Calvin S.Palmer, Nehemiah Parsons Palmer, Archibald D. Palmer, John E. Palmer) but I am confused about all the Archibalds,Marys, Smith family, Ryder famliy, and Head family as they connect to the Palmer family. If anyone can help clear up this confusion, I would greatly appreciate it. Even if you could tell me where to look for this information. I have used the census information, Mary Sagely's books, cemetery books etc.
I am also looking for information on Joseph Carpenter (1876) who is from East Feliciana Parish in Louisiana. His wife was Kathereen NOrwood (1868). They had three children-Ethel Lee Carpenter, Joe Carpenter, and Bessie Carpenter. Thanks for any help with either of these families.

Re: Palmer, Carpenter families

Posted: 23 Jul 2010 8:47PM GMT
I don't know if this helps at all, but there's an Ethel Carpenter born c. 1896 listed as an orphan at St. Joseph's Convent in East Baton Rouge in the 1910 census.

Also in the 1910 census is a Bessie Carpenter born c. 1894 living in East Baton Rouge with cousins, Ramie Delatte, Mattie Delatte, and their children.

Posted: 23 Jul 2010 10:30PM GMT
Surnames: Carpenter
Thank you for your help. My grandmother was born in 1900 but I also know that there was no birth certificate and there are many mistakes in the census. How did you know that the census record was from St. Joseph's Convent? Do you think that maybe she was born in 1896 and not 1900? The date 1900 is on her grave marker. Thanks for the information about Bessie also. I recently found her grave in a little Catholic cemetery near my house. Thanks again for our help.

Posted: 23 Jul 2010 11:04PM GMT
I could tell that she was at St. Joseph's by looking at the image of the census. She's listed as an orphan, and the adults in the same household are listed as being in St. Joseph's Convent.

My grandfather's birth month and year is listed incorrectly on his headstone, so I always take dates (and spellings of names) with a grain of salt. My husband's great-grandfather's headstone has the wrong middle initial. And when my aunt passed away last year, her kids listed her mother's name wrong in her obituary.

The information is only as good as the person giving it. It's possible the person supplying the information to the census worker wasn't sure of her age.

Posted: 6 Sep 2010 3:18PM GMT
I am interested in exchanging information with you. My great grandfather was brother to Calvin S. Palmer. You may contact me directly at morgan.gayle@gmail.com

Posted: 12 Apr 2012 3:16PM GMT
Robert Reily - my Great-Great-Great-Great-Great Grand-Father

Samuel Reily - my Great-Great-Great-Great Grand-Father
John Young Reily - my Great-Great-Great Grand-Father

Samuel Warburton Reily, Sr. - my Great-Great Grand-Father

John Boatner Reily, Sr. - my Great Grand-Father

Orville Wainwright Reily, Sr. - my Grand-Father

Orville Wainwright "Wig" Reily, Jr. - my Father

I am Orville Wainwright "Wain" Reily, III
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions