Search for content in message boards

DIXON'S ;Dixons Mills,ALabama; Marengo CO.

DIXON'S ;Dixons Mills,ALabama; Marengo CO.

William Dixon Thrash (View posts)
Posted: 28 Feb 2000 8:19PM GMT
Joel Dixon came to his area and built more than one water mill on the creeks in this area. Is anyone familiar with this family or there ancestor. Does anyone know where thay came from.

Joel Dixon or Dickson

Beatrice Kelsey (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2000 9:17AM GMT
This is my famil, Joel is not one of our names, but if same James Dixon madison Co in early 1800's. James was an uncle to me and came out of Va and the other family members in Tenn:Good Luck!

Dixon's who owned mills

Posted: 24 Mar 2000 2:28PM GMT
Edited: 26 Jul 2001 10:04PM GMT
Dixon's or Dickson's owned mills in Halifax County, Va (perhaps in Pittsylvania County, VA also) during the early and mid 1850's.

Joel B. Dixon, Dixon's Mill, AL

Yvonne Dixon (View posts)
Posted: 12 May 2000 8:01AM GMT
My husband is a descendant of Joel B. Dixon, b:11 Jan 1777 in Edgecombe, North Carolina. He married Nancy Watson b: 17 Mar 1787 in Macon, Georgia. They were married 10 Jan 1800 in Greene County, Georgia. Joel B. died 23 Dec. 1861 in Dixon's Mills, Marengo County, Alabama.
I'm sure this is the same Joel B. you were looking for. I have several generations back from Joel B. if you are interested. Joel B.'s great-grandfather came from Isle of Wight County, Virginia.
What line do you descend from? Maybe we can share info?
Posted: 22 Jun 2000 8:32PM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 3:21PM GMT
We are seeking info on ggrandfather, Seymour.
He was married in 1881 to Josephine in Mobile
County Alabama. Seymour owned land in Gulfcrest, Al. We can not locate his birthplace or his parents names. If you have
any info on him, please e-mail immediately.
We do know that he is buried in Wolf Ridge
Cemetery in Mobile and that he died in 1900.
Thanks so much.

Joel B. Dixon, Dixon's Mill, AL

Yvonne Dixon (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2000 8:43AM GMT
My husband is a descendant of Joel B Dixon and his second wife, Nancy Coward.Will share information. My email address is jwithat@aol.com

Joel B. Dixon

Brenda Johnston (View posts)
Posted: 12 Aug 2000 8:49AM GMT
Ooops , My nane is Brenda Johnston,not Yvonne Dixon

Re: Joel B. Dixon, Dixon's Mill, AL

Posted: 26 Aug 2002 8:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Dixon / Griffin / Native American
Hello. You mentioned Dixon of Edgecombe NC-Your Joel B- 1777, was about 80yrs by the time my g-grandmother Malde(or Malda) Rita Dixon was born on Jan27th,1857, Edgecombe NC. She married William Fletcher GRIFFIN of Nash Co. NC (1 of three brothers from ?Ireland).She and William had a few? boys:Jesse "C" b.jun1879 & Octavius b.? etc? Also, my G-grandmother was Cherokee Indian/ any part of your family have Native American roots? Are there Griffins that connect w/ any of your info ? I want to find my Cherokee and my Irish roots. Could they/we be kin? Please email. Thanks!

Posted: 27 Jul 2009 8:32PM GMT
Yvonne,
I also am a descendant of Joel Dixon and own property in Dixons Mills Alabama with a family cemetery on it. I am looking for all the information I ca find. Would you please share this with me?

Posted: 29 Jul 2009 3:35PM GMT
Surnames: Dixon, Thrush
Hello! I am researching the Dixon family, altho not the one that you are researching.

I did happen to notice your last name is THRASH. That is a derivitave of the name Thrush. I wondered if you were also researching the Thrush name. That is my husband's mother's name. Our Thrush family came from Shippensburg, PA and settled in Hardin County, Ohio.

Gladys Nelson Gardner
kb6znr@sbcglobal.net
per page

Find a board about a specific topic