Search for content in message boards

Byron Baldwin

Byron Baldwin

Judy Driscoll (View posts)
Posted: 29 Nov 2001 11:20PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Baldwin Johnston
I am searching for information on the descendants of Byron and Margaret Baldwin of Oregon twp. Lapeer Co. @1870-1880 -- I believe that Margaret is my great grandaunt, possibly the daughter of William B. Johnston. Please contact me with ANY information about this family.

Re: Byron Baldwin

Colleen (View posts)
Posted: 28 Dec 2002 8:29PM GMT
I reply to your message on Rootsweb. My husband is a descendant of Byron Baldwin. Byron and Margaret have a son Jesse Wellington Baldwin, who is his Great Grandfather. If you are interested in any information let me know. My email address is towens1@chartermi.net. I do not have alot of information on Margaret but we may be able to swap information.

Posted: 6 Mar 2004 7:09AM GMT
Was Byron Baldwin or a descendent of his a Rev. Baldwin, Mission Baptist, and a grade school teacher in Mountain View community rural school, NW of Pie Town, Catron Co., NM about 1932? Rev. Baldwin had a young wife and family, and came as the second teacher to be in charge of the school. He built a home near the school building and there is today a deep well named Preacher Well, which may have been named after his homestead in the immedeate vicinity.
Does there seem to be a connection?

Judy Driscoll (View posts)
Posted: 6 Mar 2004 8:43PM GMT
Interesting...I really don't know it there is a connection. I don't see that name among the first 4 generations of descendants from Byron and Margaret listed. But you never know...I may not have them all. Let me know if you find out more! Judy

Jim Macrander (View posts)
Posted: 30 Oct 2004 2:56AM GMT
Mr. Byron Howard Baldwin, son of Byron K. Baldwin came to the Pie Town, Catron Co., NM vicinity in 1935 at the request of family members already homesteading in the area. Byron H. Baldwin taught school as well as preached in the area. He taught in the Mountain View school at one point and was acquainted with my aunt, Floy E. (Farnsworth) Macrander who taught music instruction at the school two days of the week. Mr. Baldwin taught at the Quemado High School in 1942, before leaving to take another teaching position in Texas.

Posted: 3 Jul 2012 12:00AM GMT
Surnames: Baldwin
My husband is the grandson of Jesse's twin, Jasper. We made contact with Jack Baldwin a few months ago who is the grandson of Jesse.. His mother and father are Grace and Ken.

Posted: 14 Oct 2012 11:20PM GMT
Hi my name is Paul, Jasper Edmund Wellington Baldwin is my Grand father and in my search I have not found a daughter named Grace Nor a son named Ken. He does have a granddaughter named Grace. That would make your husband is Great grand son.
Is this possible?

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 1:02AM GMT
Jasper is my husbands grandfather. He was his mother, Marian Baldwin, father. I can't get to my records now but he had a twin Jesse.

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 3:18AM GMT
Marian Baldwin,is a daughter of Jasper and Margaret. Marian had 3 Children Jerry, Bobby and Joyce. do these fit the family profile.

Posted: 15 Oct 2012 12:24PM GMT
Bob is my husband. Yes those are her 3 children.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic