Search for content in message boards

Barina families in MN, ND, WI, and SD

Barina families in MN, ND, WI, and SD

Posted: 3 Aug 2001 5:56PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 9 Oct 2002 9:27PM GMT
Surnames: BARINA, BRIKS, LESCIK (sp), SRNKA, HOLECEK, JAKOUBEK, BOZOVSKY, DOSTEL, STEFAN
Am looking for information on the listed surnames on my maternal side. Most of them are from the Wilkin County, Minnesota area and before that they were in South Dakota.
My grandparents were Joseph John BARINA, b. 18 Apr 1883 in Austria,d. 31 Oct 1960 in Wahpeton, Richland County, North Dakota & Josephine Frances Jakoubek, b. 7 Mar 1892 in Kimball, SD; d. 27 Feb 1978 in Wahpeton, Richland County, North Dakota. G-grandparents were: Joseph John BARINA, b. 1836, in Czechoslovakia, d. 18 Jan 1911, and Antonia Lescik, b. 16 Jan 1852 in Czechoslovakia, d. 12 Apr 1934, Wahpeton, Richland County, North Dakota. Antonia Lescik was married to a John V. BRIKS prior to marrying Joseph BARINA. John V. BRIKS was from Austria and they had two children: John Briks, b. 24 Jun 1872, d. 7 Dec 1935 Manston Township, Wilkin County, Minnesota and Winnie (Winnifred ?), d. Sep 1930. Antonia's parents were: Joseph LESCIK and Victoria Povelna (sp). Maternal grandmother's information: Joseph John JAKOUBEK, b. 8 May 1850, d. 15 Oct 1926 was buried at Ladysmith, Wisconsin, Josephine Frances DOSTEL, B. 12 aUG 1859, Dorstek, Czechoslovakia, d. 1 Mar 1939, buried in Ladysmith, Wisconsin and her parents were Johann (John) DOSTEL and Anna STEFAN (sp) Any information would be appreciated.

Re: Barina families in MN, ND, WI, and SD

Diane Houlihan (View posts)
Posted: 7 Nov 2001 8:25PM GMT
My Grandfather was Mathey Bozovsky I believe he was born in Chicago, Illinois at least he lived there all his life. He had family but he never spoke of them and I do not know any of the names. I guess he was estranged from them. Do you have any connections with Chicago, Illinois at all.

Posted: 2 Apr 2002 1:10AM GMT
Hi Frances,
I am Renee Rogalla, Clifford Barina's daughter. I am also researching the family. I have a lot of information, but I am just now in the process of putting it in order. I live in Wahpeton. As I get things put together, I would gladly share what I have.

Posted: 13 Apr 2002 4:00PM GMT
Not sure if this will help. My father was also from Chicago. His name was Harold Bozovsky, and lived there all his life. Passed away in 1963. Was married to a Notter. He had a brother James.

Posted: 29 Apr 2002 2:02AM GMT
Edited: 9 Oct 2002 9:27PM GMT
Renee ~
I have a little information on the Barina side but not much. I've stopped and talked with Frances at the nursing home the last time I was in Wahp (which was about a little over a month ago). She was going to get information together for me, but I don't think she'll remember to do it. I was also wondering about all the pictures she had in albums and she had no idea where they were. I mentioned that I'd like prints of some of them and she was not sure who I could even get hold of to do that. If your mother knows anything it would be appreciated too. I can send you what I have once I get it into the system here also if you'd like. I am going to try get hold of Sister Beatrice too to get what she has of if she has anything I don't.
Here is my address and phone number if you ever want to get hold of me.... Fran Myers
808 15th St SW
Willmar MN 56201
320-231-2832

Fran

Re: von Rogalla - Barina families in MN, ND, WI, and SD

Bill Terrell (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2003 3:07PM GMT
Please email me for Rogala family information. I have an ancestor, Sophie von Rogalla (Rogala), born 1710 in NE East Prussia (Biebenstein - Baitkowen). Married Sigismund von Toltzig, born 1697 at Baitkowen.

Ray (View posts)
Posted: 24 Nov 2003 8:54PM GMT
looking for information on the Rogalla family from Stevens Point WI area

Posted: 13 Sep 2004 7:23PM GMT
The roots of the surname Bozovsky are in Czech Republic, previously Czechoslovakia. The highest appearance of this name is in the South Bohemian town Ceske Budejovice and its surrounding. "Bozovsky" is written with Czech punctuation at the letters "z" and "y" in Czech language.

Benedict P. ROGALLA (OBIT) Stevens Point Daily Journal August 10, 1976

Posted: 14 Jul 2008 4:28AM GMT
Surnames: ROGALLA, WORALLLA, DALLMAN, BLAKAM, KAVAJECZ, BRZEZINSKI, BUCHOWSKI
I copied and pasted this Rogalla obit from
sldgreen (View posts) Originally Posted: 21 Nov 2003 7:26PM

----------------------------------------------------
Classification: Obituary
Surnames: ROGALLA, WORALLLA, DALLMAN, BLAKAM, KAVAJECZ, BRZEZINSKI, BUCHOWSKI
This was sent to me by Kfayeray@aol.com. I do not know the family.

Taken from Stevens Point Daily Journal August 10, 1976

Benedict P. ROGALLA

Benedict P. Rogalla, 80, Route 1, Eland, died Monday evening at a Wausau
Hospital. He was the father of Mrs. Ronald (Barbara) Worzalla, Stevens Point.
Funeral services will be held at 9:30 a.m. Thursday at St. Ladislaus Catholic
Church, Bevent. The Rev. Bernard Nowak will officiate. Burial will be in the parish cemetery.
Friends may call after 2 p.m. Wednesday at the Schmidt-Schulta Funeral Home, Wittenberg. A parish rosary will be said at 3 p.m.
Mr. Rogalla was born Aug. 8, 1896 in the Town of Elderon, a son of the late Mr. and Mrs. Simon Rogalla. He married Helen Dallman on Nov. 10, 1925, in Bevent.
He was a dairy farmer and formerly was a stone mason and carpenter.
Survivors include his wife; four sons, Herbert, Edward and Clarence, all of Route 1, Eland, and Robert, Rothschild; four daughters, Mrs. Worzalla, Stevens
Point, Mrs. Douglas (Violet) Balkam, Chicago, Ill., Mrs. James (Natalie) Kavajecz, Glens Ferry, Idaho, and Mrs. Stanley (Arlene) Brzezinski, Route 1, Hatley; one sister, Mrs. Helen Buchkowski, Route 1, Hatley; 27 grandchildren and
one great-grandson.

Posted: 30 Jul 2012 5:44AM GMT
Hopefully this helps. Anna Bozovsky born 12/22/1874 in Mazelov, Bohemia(Now southern Czech Republic) and died 3/18/1955 in Hankinson, Richland County, North Dakota was married to Anton Jakoubek 7/2/1906 in Lidgerwood,Richland County, North Dakota. Anton was born 6/6/1873 in what is now the Czech Republic.and died on 5/29/54 in Breckenridge, Wilkin County, Minnesota. Anton was the son of Joseph Jakoubek and Anna Bobek. Anna Bozovsky was my grandfathers sister. If this helps email for more info.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic