Search for content in message boards

HUTTON in Champaign County Ohio

HUTTON in Champaign County Ohio

sherry ford (View posts)
Posted: 27 Sep 2004 6:07PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: HUTTON WEST HUSTON
Searching for any information on John Hutton in Champaign County 1820-1834.
Interested in any Hutton or Hutten in this county from 1820 to 1840.

Re: HUTTON in Champaign County Ohio

Sandi Koscak (View posts)
Posted: 28 Sep 2004 1:46PM GMT
The only Hutton I have inmy Champaign database is John Hutton who married Phoebe west 4/10/1823 in Champ Co. Children Lucy, Basil, Joseph and Isaac. Phoebe was the d/o Basil West and Phoebe Stockett. Can you add more to this family?

Posted: 29 Sep 2004 12:44AM GMT
Yes, but you already have it on your website. Actually there were many Huttons and Huttens in the Champaign and Clark County area in 1820 and 1830, and even more in the greater Miami Valley. Some are on census. I have read brief biographies on Samuel W Hutton born in Champaign County in 1824 and Presley Hutton who moved there with his family in 1816 and don't have a clue who their parents were. I am the descendant of John Hutton who married Phebe. I am hoping to find his parents. I do have quite a bit on John, Levi and Epaminondus Hutton in Clark County and would be willing to share that.

M Hutton (View posts)
Posted: 9 Jan 2005 11:37PM GMT
Surnames: Hatten/Hattan/Hatton/Hutton
June 11, 1816 John Hatton (of Champaign Co) from President James Madison, NE 1/4 of Sec 33, Twp 3, Range 9, lying between Miami Rivers. (He signed) This property purchased is in Clarke Co, OH

Posted: 25 Jun 2006 7:02PM GMT
My dad was RALPH HUTTON, born in Urbana, ILL. in 1909. He died 1967 in Long Beach, CA.

My mother, Thelma (SANDERS) Hutton was born 1927 in
Mammoth Cave, Kentucky.

My grandfather was ANDREW ITHERMER HUTTON, born June 6, 1883 in SIdney, ILL and died Dec. 13, 1963 in Sacramento, CA. He married MABLE AGNES MCCURNES
on May 20, 1905 in Urbana, Ill.

My great-grandfather was JACOB HUTTON, born Jan. 28, 1864 in Sidney, Ill. He died Feb. 17, 1915 in Urbana, Ill.
He married MARY M. MCWETHY abt. 1882. She
was a daughter of JOHN MCWETHY and SARAH HAMILTON.

On JACOBS death certificate, his father is listed as JURD HUTTON, born in Ohio. Jacob's mother is listed as LYDIA RUDESEL (sp?), also born in Ohio.

Jacob Hutton's father is Jordan Hutton, b. 1827.

Jordan's father is Levi Hutton b. about 1802.

Levi Hutton married Rebecca Ladd, b. 1808.

Trying to confirm Levi Hutton's father, who we think is John Hutton. Any info you have would be appreciated.

Have other info on Hutton's, Ladd's. Willing to share, of course.

If you have any other connections or maybe steer me in the right direction, I would be grateful.

Carl Hutton
e-mail: huttonpi@adelphia.net
6-25-06

Sandi Koscak (View posts)
Posted: 25 Jun 2006 8:22PM GMT
Seems you have posted to the wrong list. There are two (2) Champaign Counties, one in Ohio and another in Illinois. Your folks seem to be from Illinois. This board is the Ohio board.

Posted: 25 Jun 2006 9:11PM GMT
Hi Carl. We have been in contact before. I believe I told you that John Hutton and Macy Dungan are your ancestors. I am still trying to prove they also had a son named John born before Epi or Levi or Sarah. This line goes directly back to the 3 Quaker brothers who migrated from Ireland. Ironically I am also related to Rebecca Ladd who goes back to John Ladd the immigrant from Ireland, and married Levi Hutton.

We did indeed have family in Champaign Illinois and Champaign Ohio. Also Clark Ohio.

Sherry Ford

Posted: 18 Aug 2009 6:02PM GMT
Surnames: Hutton, Ralston
Yes, I am interested in any info on Epaminondus Hutton in Clark County. peterbecker@npgcable.com

Posted: 25 Aug 2012 10:57PM GMT
It has been a long while since your post but a name cause my eye (well, my "search") and I was wondering if you had any more information about her...

"Jacob's mother is listed as LYDIA RUDESEL (sp?), also born in Ohio."

I am trying to break past a particular generation in my family giving me troubles. I have a FINLEY COSTON born Sept 11, 1850 in Hamilton Co, OH and his death certifict (attached) lists CATHERN RUDESEL as his mother. I can't find her... any possibly relation to your LYDIA?
Attachments:

Posted: 26 Aug 2012 12:38PM GMT
Thank you for your request on info about Cathern Rudesel. My husband's g grandmother was Lydia Rudisill (many spellings for this last name). I will be more than happy to share information I have with you. There are a lot of Rudisill's in the Ohio area in the 1800's and before. Please give me a couple of days to get back into the info I have and see if I can find her.
Linda (Hughes) Hutton (my personal email is lchutton@att.net)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions