Search for content in message boards

Jones

Jones

Sara Beeland (View posts)
Posted: 23 Feb 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Thomas Jones, Nathaniel Jones, John Jones
Looking for dates of birth and death for John Jones and Patience Hartley Jones. Also Thomas Jones and his wife, Katherine or martha Braxton. This family lived in a part of SC which was once Lexington Co. and also was part of Edgefield at one time. This family also had Nathaniel Jones and Polly Pointdexter connected to these people. Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Jones

Posted: 5 Jun 2003 6:32PM GMT
Have you found a Fair Jones connected with your line? He lived in the same areas, I believe, and was born about 1818. His wife was Sarah Douglas.

Eara Beeland (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2003 3:43AM GMT
Surnames: Jones
Yes this is the same family. We need information on this family who earlier lived in the Pee Dee area near Darlington about Revolution times. Father was said to be a Preacher who came from NC.

Lisa Lewis (View posts)
Posted: 11 Jun 2003 2:15PM GMT
Holy cow! I NEVER expected to get back beyond Fair Jones or figure out who his family was! What tipped you off that he's part of this family? (I wondered if he was because of physical proximity in the census records.) This is my husband's family, and his father and uncles never could provide much information on their father's family due to troubles encountered during the Great Depression.

I've got census images for various Nathaniel Joneses, Patience Jones, etc. which should provide approximate birth years. I don't hold out much hope of getting their death dates, unless they were buried at a cemetary that's been inventoried. Have you had a chance yet to look in the SC archives for any land or probate records in the Edgefield or Pee Dee area for these folks?

Posted: 12 Jun 2003 2:33AM GMT
You need to contact me at my E-Mail address. I have a great deal too much to put here at this board.

Posted: 12 Jun 2003 2:33AM GMT
You need to contact me at my E-Mail address. I have a great deal too much to put here at this board.
Posted: 2 Nov 2003 1:16AM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2004 2:01AM GMT
Surnames: jones
Sara, I just recently found your message. I too have been researching Fair Jones for several years, please send me your e-mail address, willing to share information. I have some info on John Jones and Patience Hartley Jones. You may have located all info you needed by now, as I noticed your posting was in 2000. My e-mail address

sara Beeland (View posts)
Posted: 4 Nov 2003 2:31AM GMT
Will be glad to share. My address is cooper@scescape.net and mailing address is 7 Bridge Creek Trail, Aiken, SC 29801

Posted: 23 Aug 2013 6:20PM GMT
I just found this old post. I am searching for documents related to John Jones, Patience Hartley, and their son Seaborn Jones. SAR does not accept the DAR membership applications saying they are now too old. Thanks.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic