Search for content in message boards

William Barker, Henry County, VA June 15, 1739 - 1813

William Barker, Henry County, VA June 15, 1739 - 1813

Posted: 15 Jun 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Jul 2001 7:52PM GMT
Surnames: Barker, McDaniel, Norman, Dyer, Lemons
I am looking for the ancestors of William Barker in Henry County, Virginia. William was born June 15, 1739, died 1813. I'm looking for the name of his parents and also the name of his wife.

His children were Allen, Joseph Herbert, Thomas, Zerna{Rena} , Jeremiah, and Delila Barker. His son Allen married Isabelle McDaniel, Joseph Herbert married Nancy McDaniel, Zerena married Jefferson Lemons, Delila married William Norman. Isabell, daughter of Joseph Barker married Joel Dyer.

I would be grateful for any information on any member of the
family.

Re: William Barker, Henry County, VA June 15, 1739 - 1813

Anita Barker Broome (View posts)
Posted: 23 Jul 2001 6:20PM GMT
Surnames: Wm Barker
I am related to the branch you are researching, There is a Barker book with the information you mentioned, however, this is where the trail goes cold. No mention of wife's name or his parents. I am related through the Joseph Herbert and also Zerena lines. The person who is still alive and can get copies of the book is Janet Tetterton. Hope this helps

Posted: 3 Aug 2009 1:30AM GMT
I am a descendent of William Barker--also. I have been searching for his parents/wife. He had a son, Joseph Herbert Barker, who married Nancy McDaniel. They had a son, James Madison Barker, Sr., who had a son Cicero. Cicero is my great-grandfather.

Which family is yours?

Posted: 10 Aug 2009 11:50AM GMT
I am also researching the William Barker family. I have not been able to find his parents or connect him to another Barker family even thought we have done DNA testing. He apparently was married to a Sarah McDonald but I think that was a marriage late in his life - she was probably not the mother of his children. I would be glad to share what info I have if you want to contact me at tetterj@verizon.net.

Janet McDonald Tetterton

Posted: 10 Aug 2009 11:58AM GMT
I am also descended from James Madison Barker. However, I do not have him with a son named Cicero - or did I misunderstand your message. I have his children from his first marriage to Mary Anna McDaniel as William Madison, Sarah Frances, Zeriah Margaret and Nathaniel Henry. From his second marriage to Mary Ann Daniel I have Louisa Jane, James Monroe "Chris", Mary Susan, Elizabeth Ann, Patrick Henry, John Floyd, Alfred Scott, George Herbert, Thomas Arthur and Benjamin Rush.

I am interested in where you found a Cicero in his family.

Janet Tetterton

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 1:00AM GMT
Okay. I am talking about James Madison Barker, Sr., married to Martha Clark. One of their sons was Cicero, born 12/8/1858 and died 8/5/1945. James Madison Barker, Sr.'s second wife was Margurette Morrison

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 3:51AM GMT
What kind of verification do you have that your James Madison Barker is in this William Barker's family? We only have one James Madison Barker and I am sure he did not have a son named Cicero. I just wondered where you got your information.

Janet

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 3:56AM GMT
I did a little research. My James Madison Barker had daughter, Elizabeth Ann, who married James Burwell Roach. Their son, John Tyler, had a son named Daniel Cicero Roach who went by the name Cicero. He is the only Cicero I can find in this Barker family.

Janet

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 11:48AM GMT
Cicero was my great-grandfather. His dad was James Madison Barker, Sr. His dad was Joseph Herbert Barker, Sr. and his dad was William Barker. Can't find anything after that.

Posted: 11 Aug 2009 12:05PM GMT
http://familytreemaker.genealogy.com/users/b/a/r/John--K-Bar...

Here is where there is discussion about Cicero and his parents. His is my great grandfather.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions