Search for content in message boards

John and Sarah J Starks

John and Sarah J Starks

Posted: 8 Apr 2013 12:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Starks, Williamson, Huggins, Doolittle
JOhn Starks (1841-1922) Married Sarah Jane Robbins (1842-1918)on 7 Apr 1864. Looking to fnd out where. John is from Clinton Co., New York and Sarah from Ohio. They raised their eleven children in Jones County Iowa. I would like to find out ore about their early lives before they married as well. The name John Starks is very common I know, His fathers name was Seymour and he had siblings Daniel, Benjin, Mary, Helen, and Norman. I know very little else about Sarah. Any help is appreciated. Thank you, Michelle

Re: John and Sarah J Starks

Posted: 10 Sep 2013 2:13AM GMT
Surnames: Starks
Hi Michelle, John's brother Daniel was my Gr. Gr. Grandfather. I don't know if you know about this but Daniel and his wife Victoria kept diaries. The diaries may have some information that would interest you, but I've been unable to read them. I have only seen what is printed on some web-sites, news articles etc. Here is a link: http://www.hartington.net/2011/hartington/area-woman-enjoys-... I also believe that I added a story with some of the information to Daniel Starks on my tree.

Posted: 12 Sep 2013 11:15AM GMT
Michelle, Benjamin Starks, John's brother, was my ggrandfather. I haven't been working on my genealogy much lately. but I am starting to get back into it and would be willing to share any info that I find. Benjamin's first wife was Ellen Robins (Robbins) and I think is Sarah Jane's sister, but I haven't found the proof yet. She disappeared after her divorce from Ben September, 1888. I have been searching for her since there is a mention of a daughter of Ben and Ellen's that is only mentioned in his obit and I've never found any other reference to her. Thanks! Linda

Posted: 13 Sep 2013 12:28AM GMT
I would be more than willing to share what information I have. I don't know much about the Starks and even less about the Robbins but will gladly share what I have.

Posted: 17 Jan 2014 3:22PM GMT
The names in your posts sound similar to me. I'm not sure if we are connected but I'm willing tp check it out with you. I know that somewhere down my line, I'm connected to African American heritage, I'm really trying to find that connection!!
Email me: jennifer.m.starks@gmail.com
per page

Find a board about a specific topic