Search for content in message boards

Waddle

Posted: 15 Feb 2013 12:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 21 Feb 2013 1:23PM GMT
Surnames: Waddle
Hello my name is rodney waddle from columbus, ohio and my grandfathers name was John waddle from kentucky and his fathers name was blair waddle.... any relation ?
Posted: 15 Feb 2013 7:29PM GMT
Surnames: WADDLE, WADDELL, PRUITT, WRIGHT
Hello Rodney,

I can't find a tie-in to the WADDLE/WADDELL families in our Germanna Tree at Ancestry without some specific information.

I found a Blair WADDLE in several other databases at Ancestry, whose parents were Thomas W. WADDLE, Jr. and Nancy PURITT. Blair's wife was Sarah WRIGHT. Blair was born sometime between 1872 and 1875 according to the various databases. One gives him a definite birth date of 14 Sep 1875, Floyd Co., KY.

Is this your family?

Would like to see some definite dates, places, spouses, children, etc. The information you provided is so slim it's impossible to do much with it.

The WADDLE/WADDELL families we are related to went by WADDLE in Virginia and became WADDELL in Tennessee. This line came from Germany where their name was WEDEL.

Sarge,
George W. Durman
GermannaResearch@comcast.net

(Admin of the WADDLE Message Board at Rootsweb.)

Re: waddle

Posted: 19 Feb 2013 10:07PM GMT
Classification: Census
Edited: 20 Feb 2013 2:09PM GMT
Surnames: Waddle
Blair Waddle is my granduncle, my grandfather's younger brother. I have provided Germanna today with some lineage information, which I hope will appear on this thread. If it does not, feel free to contact me at slwb247@aol.com.

Linda Waddell Brian]
Lexington, MA
Posted: 20 Feb 2013 3:01AM GMT
Edited: 20 Feb 2013 2:10PM GMT
Surnames: Blancett, Waddell
Hello Rodney:

My great great Grandfaher, Joel Blancett, b about 1802. married Mary [ polly [ Waddell b about 1802 in tn or Ky.
Mary claimed Irish ancestry.

They lived in Jackson and DeKalb counties in Alabama. there are variant spellings for your surname and mine. Only thing I have for Mary is an 1840 listing in Alabama near Valley head.

Norman Blansett
per page

Find a board about a specific topic