Search for content in message boards

Combs of Acup/Happy, Perry, Kentucky

Combs of Acup/Happy, Perry, Kentucky

Posted: 12 Mar 2009 1:23PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 18 May 2014 6:49PM GMT
Hi, I am researching the Combs and connected families of Acup Creek in Perry County Kentucky.

I have not been able to connect John D. Combs to the Eight Brothers in Perry County. My line is:

Addie Combs, Bradley Combs, John W. Remine Combs, John D. Combs.

AND

Addie Combs, Ollie Combs, Pearl Combs, Adeline Combs, John D. Combs.

Help us sort out these families. Would love to meet some new cousins.

Nancy
nancyls52@sbcglobal.net

Re: Combs of Acup/Happy, Perry, Kentucky

Posted: 28 Apr 2009 6:28PM GMT
Hi Nancy,

I am related to the Combs family of Acup Creek. My grandparents were Roosevelt (Roosie) and Myrtle Combs. My mom was their daughter, Hazel (Combs) Bolin. What all information do you have about our ancesters? I don't know very much. I heard we had Indian in us somewhere down the line. I also heard there were a couple of brothers that started Acup. That's pretty much it. I'd appreciate any info. I'd like to know where I came from.

Thanks
Tammy

Posted: 28 Apr 2009 7:36PM GMT
Surnames: Combs, Mullins, Blair, Polly, Adams, Harrison Robinson, Morgan, Whitaker
Hi Tammy,
My Grandmother Ollie was Roosevelts Sister. Their Parents were Pearl Combs and Sallie Ann Sumner.

I will invite you to my tree at Ancestry so you can see it- if you send me your email address. My email is nschacht52@yahoo.com. I have you in my tree "Tammy Bolin". Look for your name in the list of people and then you can see your tree. I haven't heard about the Indian blood-line yet. Have not run across it. I know our Combs family owned most of the land around there.

I have some death certificates and headstone pictures attached to my tree and my web-page.

I haven't been able to connect our John D. Combs to the eight Combs Brothers that came to that area but we are working on it.

My Mom is still alive and remembers a lot of the people.

I am working on a web page "Combs of Acup" as I have time.

Nancy

Posted: 18 May 2014 6:51PM GMT
I started a Facebook Page for our Combs Family. https://www.facebook.com/groups/combscousins/

If you are related to the Combs Familes of Acup/Happy, Perry County, come and join us.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions