Search for content in message boards

GSP Family Tree Maker .GFT file - unable to open

GSP Family Tree Maker .GFT file - unable to open

Posted: 4 Oct 2008 8:54AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 31 Oct 2009 4:23PM GMT
Hi

I created a family tree many years ago. this is saved as a .GFT file. I am unable to open this with the GSP Family Tree maker I have purchased to open this file. I have long since lost the disc with the orginal software on.

Does anybody know how I can convert this to an FTW file so I can open and edit with my new software??

Thanks in advance
Becki

Re: .GFT file - unable to open

Posted: 4 Oct 2008 9:12AM GMT
I believe there is a way to convert this to a .GED file....but I don't know how - thoughts are welcome ;)

Posted: 4 Oct 2008 10:38AM GMT
This link may offer some help

http://filext.com/file-extension/GFT

GSP short for Global Software Products has been taken over by another UK firm Avenquest

You may need to content them for assistance.

John D

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 10:49AM GMT
I've just been given a GFT file to download to GSP Family Tree and can't open it either - did you have any luck with finding out how to convert it ?
Carol

Posted: 26 Oct 2009 2:12PM GMT
Carol,

You might go to the person who sent you that GFT file, and see if they can create a GEDCOM (GED) file for you.

Russ

Posted: 27 Oct 2009 7:30PM GMT
I am also looking for a way to open old .gft files, having lost the original 'times Family Tree' CD a few years ago. Any help would be great

Posted: 23 Nov 2009 9:22AM GMT
I have FT Version 4. I might be able to help export a GED version for anyone with this problem.

Posted: 17 Feb 2010 1:45PM GMT
Just picked up on this thread. Been searching for a way to open this. It was sent to a friend by someone who passed away not long after.

If anyone is prepared to open the file and do a Gedcom export, it would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Ian

Posted: 17 Feb 2010 6:34PM GMT
Ian, Ill give it a go for you no problem. I can't pm you as I dont have a full ancestry account. But if you do, then pm me and i'll give you my email address. Cheers. Si.

Posted: 6 Aug 2010 1:51PM GMT
Edited: 19 Sep 2010 10:53PM GMT
Simon

I saw you offer to convert .gft files to gedcom ones. Were you able to do this as I am in same situation. Lots of data in gft file. Have original GSP Family Tree disc from the Times but it will not load up onto my computer...

Pls let me know
Thanks
Karen
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions