Search for content in message boards

John Henry Carter

John Henry Carter

Mary E. Preece (View posts)
Posted: 28 May 2002 2:11PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Preece, Davis, Osborn, Goble, Stepp, Carter, Maynard Blankenship,Slone
Do you have any information on a John Henry Carter, he was my great-grandfather. He was married to Nancy Stepp Carter, who was the daughter of Robin Stepp and Charity Maynard Stepp? My info. seems to stop there on him. I do know that there were several children, daughter Polly being my Grandmother. I have the names of her brothers and sisters.He was a resident of Martin County after it became a county in the late 1800's. My grandmother was born around 1862, so I'm looking at least 15 years before or earlier for a date of his birth. Any help would be appreciated. Mary Ellen

Re: John Henry Carter

Chas. T. Carter (View posts)
Posted: 29 May 2002 10:46AM GMT
Surnames: McKAY, HANEY, NAVE, CROWDER, SEWELL
SORRY !!! My lineage goes back through a couple "John's & Jessie's" to Cap't. Thomas Carter (1650) from England to Virginia 2 Georgia 2 Kentucky 2 Mississippi & Indiania. JOHN W. CARTER was my grt. uncle, bro. to GEORGE L.CARTER. J.W. had several children, one of which ws CHARLES V. CARTER, Att'y. in Owensboro & Ashland, Kentucky. I'm searching for these that left Ashland 1930's. Associated with Carter's: McKAY, HANEY,NAVE,CROWDER & SEWELL of Franklin, Kty. area. Thanks!!

Mary Ellen Preece (View posts)
Posted: 30 May 2002 2:26AM GMT
Thank-you Charles for the reply but I don't believe these are the same Carter Family. His name may just be Henry Carter, but he had a son named John Henry Carter, Presley Carter, Robert Carter, Shade Carter, Dave Carter, Polly Carter Stepp, Margaret Carter Slone and more children. His wife was Nancy Stepp daughter of Robin and Charity Stepp, but I have no idea who His Father or Mother was or where he was from. Thank-you, still searching, Mary Ellen Preece

Beth (View posts)
Posted: 7 Oct 2002 11:37PM GMT
Mary Ellen,
This is Dolly Carters daughter again lol..If u still need the information from this post I might be able to help ya..just email me or let me know

I have changed my email it is now Elizabeth_Rena@hotmail.com..

Thanks,
Beth

Posted: 25 Apr 2005 7:42PM GMT
what is the connection between Haney & sewell?

judi

Posted: 25 Apr 2005 8:55PM GMT
I don't understand. Are you asking me if there is a connection with these names or telling me there is? Henry Carter was the name her used and the history ends there. I have always been told he was raised as a Carter but was a McGlaughlin or similar spelling. Thank-you Mary

Posted: 25 Apr 2005 10:12PM GMT
in your original messsage...you had a series of names...
sewell & haney were in that list i suppose those are the
people that you were related to....i wanted to know if there
was a susan haney and James sewell that were married..rather did you have info on them?

Posted: 25 Apr 2005 10:22PM GMT
Surnames: Carter, Stepp, Maynard
Dear Judy, I am sorry. I don't remember having posted those names. I could have though. There are many Haney's in this area there are Jewell's also. But the connection to my name I needed is obscure to me right now. If I can help you in any way with any specifics. I would try.Do you have any specific Carter connection, Stepp, Maynard etc. Thank-you for getting back to me. Mary

judi (View posts)
Posted: 26 Apr 2005 3:28PM GMT
no...i dont have any connection to those people
sorry.
Judi
per page

Find a board about a specific topic