Search for content in message boards

Hamilton CO History Books will do look-ups

Hamilton CO History Books will do look-ups

Posted: 16 Sep 2005 3:47PM GMT
Classification: Query
I have two Hamilton Co books by John Wilson and I would be happy to look up any surnames that are listed in the book. The books have lots of information on some of the families that lived in Hamilton CO.

Re: Hamilton CO History Books will do look-ups

Al Quimby (View posts)
Posted: 18 Sep 2005 11:32AM GMT
Surnames: Bates
Robin,
I am interested in Frank Charles "Creed" Bates, born about 1875 in Chattanooga. He was a former major and minor league baseball player and played for Chattanooga in 1897. His parents were Levy (Levi) Marcus Bates (once a Chattanooga policeman) and Lucille Catherine Bates. Siblings were William, Adolphus, Charles, Ida, and Hattie (Harriett). I am interested in anything that might lead to info about his date and place of death.

(He is not to be confused with the well-known educator named Creed Bates, who was also from Chattanooga.)

Thanks.

janie (View posts)
Posted: 25 Sep 2005 2:02PM GMT
I am interested in the Shipman's of Hamilton County and Aslingers of hamilton County.
thank you

Posted: 25 Sep 2005 4:23PM GMT
Surnames: Fryar, Hughes, Jack, Rogers
Hi,
Of the two books I have by John Wilson, he does not mention the SHIPMANS there are alot of SHIPLEYS. In one of the books "Hamilton County Pioneers" there is only a mention of a SARAH and LANITA ASLINGER. They are listed as being a 7th generation decendant of THOMAS COULTER. They are said to live in the Sale Creek area. There is alot written about Thomas so let me know if this strikes a bell with you and I will tell you more about Thomas Coulter.

- Robin

Posted: 25 Sep 2005 4:47PM GMT
Surnames: Fryar, Hughes, Jack, Rogers
Dear Al,

I am sorry to say the two books that I have do not mention your Frank Charles Creed Bates his parents or siblings. There is a mention of a John Bates. I will keep these names and if I stumble upon anything I will let you know. Sorry I could not be of more help.

Robin

karen Bruton (View posts)
Posted: 26 Sep 2005 11:52AM GMT
Thank you for the offer. Could you look at see if Ben and Mary Williams are listed. Since they are common names, they have children wth the names of Odessa, Victoria, LaClaire, Fannie, etc. Thanks again.

Posted: 19 Nov 2005 5:55PM GMT
Edited: 19 Feb 2006 10:40PM GMT
Surnames: Griffin Hamill Ashley (Aisley)
Robin , I am interested in a James A Hamill and his wife (my great aunt)Cynthia Griffin.They were in Hamilton county for the approximate years 1875-1930 as census records. I see there are lots of Hamills in the area. I would like to know which of them they are related to.Any help would be appreciated. Birth of James (June 1848 in Tennessee)Birtdate of Cynthia (November 1847in Georgia)

Thank you... Barbara Griffin Meyers( Fort Worth ,Texas) P.S. Cynthia's brother' s Thomas Griffin 1859 .
D.S. Grifffin 1856 and
her sister Georgia Griffin Ashley (Aisley) are all in the Hamilton county 1880 census. They all were in the 1870 Walker County Georgia Census.

collleen lopez (View posts)
Posted: 21 Nov 2005 12:55AM GMT
Surnames: Castile/Casteel/Cssselle, Feld, Abert, Sweet, Ogle
I have been researching my Castile/Casteel line to 1830 Robert Castile. His son Robert was raised by the Ogles who had gone on to Missouri. I have more information on that forward. Please if you can find anything on them I would sure appreciate it. The closest I have come is a Barney that is the father to a Robert Castile in 1830 but can't prove it one way or the other.

Thanks colleenlopez@yahoo.com

Lisa Hulsey (View posts)
Posted: 8 Jan 2006 12:37AM GMT
Surnames: HULSEY
Could you see if you can find any HULSEYs in your books? John Henry HULSEY was born in Hamilton, Chattanooga, TN on March 7, 1841. Parents were: father: unknown, mother Mary(Maria) Hulsey. Other children were: Bill HULSEY, John Henry, and William M. HULSEY. Please email me if you do or if you can't locate any of these names. It would be greatly appreciated. Thank you, Lisa

Posted: 31 Jan 2006 6:56PM GMT
Surnames: coulter
Robin,

I noticed that you were doing look-ups for Hamilton Co. I have some items that are for the coulter family, but have been unable to find any direct decendants. I am looking for family of Jessie Bee Coulter married Roy R. Cahill. I have gone to the Forest Hills Cemetary and taken pictures of the graves. Her sister Willie, Virginia Looney Coulter b. May 1900, Sandal b.apr. 1896, father William b. Dec. 1897 and mother virginia b. mar 1872. If you know how I might find relatives still living from her sister's children or grandchildren etc. please let me know. I would love to be able to give them the items I have from 1988 that were in a trunk my mother bought.
Thanks for your help,
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions