Search for content in message boards

carrolls in missouri

carrolls in missouri

Larry Meredith Carroll Jr. (View posts)
Posted: 19 Jan 2000 8:04AM GMT
Ive been told i have kin there somewhere
my great grandfathers name was O.D. Carroll we are from mississippi would like to know if there are any relatives up there

Carrolls of Missouri

Wayne Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2000 9:49AM GMT
There are Carrolls all over in Missouri. What part of Missouri are you interested in? I do not have an O. D. Carroll listed in my information. I do have an Oliver Carroll married to Roxie Sharp. Do you have any information on O. D. Carroll's ancestory. My Carroll family came from North Carolina before 1775.

Carroll Surname

Diane Richards (View posts)
Posted: 24 Jan 2000 5:13PM GMT
My grandfather James Arzo Carroll was born in N.C. any connection?

North Carolina Carrolls

Ken Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 31 Jan 2000 3:39PM GMT
Wayne - Which Carroll line are you from? I also am from a Carroll line - There are about four Carroll lines going thru North Carolina and two of them stopped in Tennessee on their way to Missouri - My line went through Marion County, Tennessee to Gasconade County, Missouri before some of them branched off and moved down in Polk County, Missouri. My line is descended from Jacob Carroll (b-1805) Millie Branson - son of William M Carroll (b-1770) - son of William Carroll (b-1742)- son of John Carroll (b-abt 1722)

Carroll of TN

Posted: 3 Feb 2000 9:35PM GMT
Edited: 30 Sep 2001 5:46AM GMT
I would be most interested in learning more about these 4 lines from NC to MO. My husband's gggggrandfather was Timothy Henry Carroll b. ca 1775 probably VA but who knows it could have been NC depending upon county state/territory lines. At any rate, in 1820 he settled in Coffee Co., TN and opened that county's first school. In ascending order--Felix Carroll b. 1797, Wm. Edward b. 1824, Wm. Thomas b. 1866, George Herbert b. 1895, James Wilton b. 1922. If you can steer me in the right direction on those 4 lines it would be wonderful, but I'd still like to hear about irregardless.

carrolls in n.c.

L. Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2000 4:09PM GMT
please contact if you have any information on jim or martha and alvis "sterling" carroll

alvis carroll

L. Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 22 Feb 2000 4:24PM GMT
L. Carroll, trying to get info on the same carrolls/please send what you have

Carrolls in TN

Posted: 22 Feb 2000 4:58PM GMT
Sorry, I don't have an Alvis or Sterling. I do have 2 Martha's: Martha "Mattie" b.1849 in Coffee Co., TN and Martha J. daughter of William Edward and Margaret M. Carroll.

These may be one and the same person because I have a DOB on one and no parents and vice versa on the other.

I have a James Gwin b.7/13/1834 Bedford Co., TN mar. 7/13/1853 Eliz. Cross in Coffee Co., TN and died 2/22/1892 Coffee Co., TN (parents John Milton Carroll and Martha Haggard)

I also have a James Richard b.6/21/1876 Coffee Co., TN mar. 1/31/1894 Jennie Robertson in Coffee Co., TN and died 12/4/1946 in Coffee Co., TN (parents Samuel Wilson Carroll and Mary A. Ward)

Hope this helps, let me know if you connect.

Timothy Henry Carroll

D. Garvin Carroll (View posts)
Posted: 26 Feb 2000 9:03AM GMT
Timothy Henry Carroll b.circa 1775 probably in Va. Married Agness Higgenbottom June 9,1796, Washington Co. Va. Died Feb. 1837 Coffee Co. Tn. buried probably coffee Co. Tn. Nothing is known of his parents or his early life. Timothy Carroll and William Carroll believed to be his brother are early settlers of Coffee Co. Tn. It is believed that Timothy Carroll had sons Felix, John, William and likely a Daughter who married James Yell. Searching for info on Parents and Children.

Timothy Henry Carroll

Posted: 28 Feb 2000 2:04PM GMT
My records match yours with the exception of Timothy's death date--I have February, 1836 and with burial in Carroll Cemetery in Coffee Co., TN. Children: John Milton b. ca1800 in VA mar. ?? Wartrace, Bedford Co., TN and d. ?? in Coffee County, TN; William B. I have nothing on; Aaron I have nothing on; Felix b. 8/03/1797 Richmond, Henrico Co., Va mar. Martha Dickey d. 6/18/1871 in Lawrence Co., TN; Rebecca I have nothing on.

I take it that Rebecca is the daughter that you have info on. I would like to know more about her. also I have the children of John Milton if you are interested.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic