Search for content in message boards

Kentucky Jeffersons of Trigg County

Kentucky Jeffersons of Trigg County

Posted: 8 Sep 2004 3:51PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Jefferson, Graves
Can anyone help me clear up something for me. There are two Thomas Brome Jeffersons in Trigg County Kentucky in the late 1700's and early to mid 1860's Both were married to women with the Graves surname. One was a Dr. Jefferson the other a farmer. Both have claims on being 1st cousins to President Jefferson however I can't link the parentage can anyone help.

Re: Kentucky Jeffersons of Trigg County

Debra (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2004 3:54PM GMT
John Robertson Jefferson married Elizabeth Broome, daughter of Dr. Thomas Broome in 1743. John's son, Thomas Broome Jefferson married Jane Graves. Thomas Broome Jefferson's brother, Peter Field who married Elizabeth Harrison had a son, Dr. Thomas Broome Jefferson (b. 4/13/1805). Dr. Jefferson married Martha Archer Graves, daughter of Henry and Sarah Graves).

Posted: 6 Oct 2009 11:07PM GMT
Surnames: Jefferson
Hi Debra,
I'm in search of information about my great grandfather Lou Sam Jefferson. He was born in Cadiz, KY i'm guessing in the 1885 - 1895. He married Karrie Elizabeth Rice of Providence. He was a pharmacist in Providence. Unfortunately he died an early death around 1925. The only thing I know is where he was born as that information is on my father's birth certificate. I don't know how many siblings he had or his parents names. My Dad told me that Thomas Jefferson was his 23 great great uncle. LOL He had a wonderful sense of humor and I never knew if he was kidding.
I wonder if John Robertson or Thomas Broome could be related to Lou Sam. I have tons of information on the Rice side of the family as you can imagine but none on the Jefferson side. Any help you can give me would be much appreciated.
Jane R. Jefferson

Posted: 30 Aug 2012 10:24PM GMT
Hello
Do you have cite a "source" for your information about Thomas Broome Jefferson and his children?

Thank you for any assitance,

Posted: 21 Sep 2013 5:43PM GMT
I'm trying to find out information about Elizabeth Broome Jefferson, daughter of Peter Field Jefferson, son of John Robertson Jefferson. I know she married Edwin Noel in 1833 and then Alfred Williams in 1848. Just need to confirm the link through Peter Field to John R. to Field Jefferson, uncle of President Thomas Jefferson.

I feel I need to use "President" because Thomas was a very popular name for the Jeffersons. Pres. TJ's grandfather and great grandfather were named Thomas, for instance. And there are Thomases (Thomas's?) all through the Jefferson tree.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic