Search for content in message boards

KING family in Delaware

KING family in Delaware

Posted: 26 Oct 1999 6:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 22 Sep 2003 11:24PM GMT
Hi!
I am looking for info on the the King family in Delaware. If you have any info please contact me. I am just starting out in my search for my roots and have hit a roadblock. Thank you.

Peter King descendants in Delaware

Posted: 10 Nov 1999 5:10AM GMT
Edited: 24 Jun 2001 3:52PM GMT
Hi Michael,
I am a descendant of Pieter DE Coninck. Briefly, my grandfather, Thomas A. King, is the son of Francis King IV (b:c1800 Delaware). Francis King IV's gg-grandfather is Francis King I (1676-1753) who is the son of Pieter DE Coninck II and Anne de Puydt. Pieter DE Coninck II's parents were Pieter DE Coninck I and Anne de Puydt.

This information I obtained from a microfilm of the following book by Dr. Robert E. King Mrs. Doris R. (Van Dusen) Jones:
History of the KING FAMILY in Flanders America 1300's - 1980 (including connecting families of Hanson, Haughey, Lamb, Laurence, McClaren, McEwen, Skeer, Sweesy, Vandegrift, Westfall and others), (Pullman, WA: The Copy Machine, 1980), Volume II, [The Ancestry descendants of Pieter de Coninck II (= Peter King II) his wife Anna Calet, Immigrants to New Castle County, Delaware by 1680/81]

This book is very detailed and has dates for most everyone. I obtained access to the microfilm from the local LDS center. I couldn't find it for sale anywhere.

I have a XEROX copy of the book's introduction and Chapter I, "The Earliest King Ancestors". I can make a copy and U.S. Mail them to you if you send your mailing address.

If you run across any information on the children and descendents of Francis King IV, please let me know.

---- Gerry Bacon King, Cuyahoga Falls,OH

Thank You

Posted: 10 Nov 1999 1:36PM GMT
Dear Gerry,
I appreciate you replying to my message. That information would be great and it would mean a lot to me if you sent it to me. My address is:
Michael King
123 Beedie Jones Rd.
Chatsworth, GA 30705

If i am able to make a connection I will be more than happy to send you my entire King family tree which is very large even though i only have the last 4 generations. Thank you again and I look forward to hearing from you in the future.

Michael

Re:KING family in DE

Posted: 19 Nov 1999 3:12PM GMT
Hi Michael,
I just U.S. mailed you some chapters from the King Book. Hope they are of interest to you.
BTW, I'm curious as to what you meant by "If i am able to make a connection".
If your King ancestor line intersects with mine, I would like a copy of your family tree. I can use GEDCOM files the easiest. If you'd like my King tree, just give me a note. Bear in mine that it starts with Francis King IV's son, Rev. Thomas Allibone King, and has his descendents. I'm still working on the ancestors.
---- Gerry
Oh yes, be sure to let me know if your line is shown on the chart.

What I know.

Posted: 20 Nov 1999 6:57PM GMT
Hi Gerry,
I really appreciate you sending that info to me. I have had little luck talking to my father's parents. They don't seem to remember much about their family except names and only so far. I would love to at least have a thin link to my past and right now I feel like i have nothing. I have a large family with just the last 4 generations but i am anxious to learn about those who came before. I have a bachelors in history and where my family came from is very important to me. I seem to be the first "true" genealogist in my family so i have little to go with. I am going home this week and i plan to do some digging in records in delaware. Thanks again for all your help, wish me luck, and I'll be sure to send you any info i think may help you.

M King

King/Deconink

Lisa (View posts)
Posted: 22 Dec 1999 11:39PM GMT
I am decentent of The King/DeConinck Line with Valentine King I and 2 and before, I would really like to have a copy of that book, Please Email me at Lisa855@aol.com and I will give you my Snail mail address....I am waiting to here from you, Thanks in advance, Lisa

King/DeCononck

Posted: 23 Dec 1999 6:00AM GMT
Hi Lisa,
I believe you are referring to the book by Dr. Robert E. King Mrs. Doris R. (Van Dusen) Jones: "History of the KING FAMILY in Flanders America..........."
This book is very detailed and has dates for most everyone. For two weeks I had access to the microfilm at the local LDS center. I couldn't find it for sale anywhere.

I made a XEROX copy of the book's introduction and Chapter I, "The Earliest King Ancestors". I can make a copy and U.S. Mail them to you if you send your mailing address. I also made a copy of the chapters relating to Francis King, but I don't think they relate to your search.
---- Gerry Bacon King
Cuyahoga Falls, OH

Peter King (1736-

K.T.Perkins (View posts)
Posted: 13 Jan 2000 7:35AM GMT
I was able to copy many pages of the Dr. Robert King and Jones book while at the DAR library, My line is from Peter King II (1671-1713) and Susannah Solver to Issac King (1707-1749) and Ann. I also have another line of King --Hermanus son of Daniel which I seem to have hit a wall. Hermanus's wife Katharine Batten is sister to Zara Batten who marries Elizabeth King Black-daughter of Peter King(1736- ) I am sure that Daniel and Hermanus King were of the Quaker faith which does complicate search. Hermnus was my gg grandfather. Robert P. King (1814-1868) was a publisher in the city of Phidelphia was my g grandfather.
Any help you can give me on Hermanus or Daniel will be greatly appreciated. Thank you

King/DeConinck

Posted: 21 Jul 2000 2:10PM GMT
Edited: 15 Jul 2001 7:54PM GMT
For those of you who have been attempting to get a copy of Dr. Robert King's "History of the King Family in Flanders and America" there is now a new and updated book out also by Robert E. King (a different Robert King).
He has used a great deal of the first book (with permission) and has made corrections and additions along with current updated. I will be glad to send the ordering information if you will e-mail me directly at kingkin@san.rr.com. I have copies of both books and am willing to do a little research.
Pete

Isaac King descendants

Helen (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 2000 7:22PM GMT
Am looking for ANY information on the descendants of Isaac King-Valentine Sophia King-Thomas and Mary Cox King-Elisha and Rosa Duncan King-Mathew and Mary King of Kentucky. Have names and dates, looking for biographical data. Thnx
per page

Find a board about a specific topic