Search for content in message boards

Asa Pauley and Frank and Jesse James in WV?

Asa Pauley and Frank and Jesse James in WV?

Posted: 6 Feb 2007 5:38PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Allen,Blankenship,Curry,Holsteins,Jones,Kidd,Griffith,Martin,Midkiff,Smith,Turley,Wiseman,Withrow, Tons more
Hello all WV Pauley Researchers,

I'm looking for information on a Asa Pauley, he was mentioned in the charleston newspaper on june 5, 1975, along with Cole Younger,Jesse James, Frank James, and Bob Ford. The article was about Magistrate Herb Pauley had in his possession a picture of these people and he did not know how he was related to Asa Pauley, on the back it says 1879. I think that this Asa Pauley might have been James Asa Pauley born around 1830's, but I don't know who his parents are and if there is any relation to these James brothers. I'm still trying to find the connection to Martha Jane James who married James Ezekiel Midkiff. if anyone wants a copy of the newspaper and I will give it to anyone who promises not tp put it on the internet, because of copy right laws, Thanks.
My E-mail address:
tlsmith67@comcast.net

Re: Asa Pauley and Frank and Jesse James in WV?

Posted: 7 Feb 2007 2:10PM GMT
Surnames: Shultz, Johnson, Mallory, Williams, Miller, Meikle, Knuckles
Please send a copy of the article to me. I think I recently sent you my new email when you sent me yours.

Posted: 24 Feb 2007 1:57AM GMT
Surnames: Allen,Blankenship,Curry,Holsteins,Jones,Kidd,Griffith,Martin,Midkiff,Smith,Turley,Wiseman,Withrow, Tons more
Tina,

Did you get that article that I sent you?

Posted: 24 Feb 2007 6:05AM GMT
Yes I did get the article. I kept searching but could not find any info on Asa. I have seen the name before but cant place where. Sorry that I couldnt help more.

Posted: 2 Mar 2007 7:29PM GMT
Hello,

I think I know who this Asa Pauley is?
I found him in the 1860 Kanawha county census living with his parents and siblings.
Peyton Pauley age 61 Head of House hold
mary Pauley age 62 Wife
Joshua Pauley age 24 son
John Pauley age 15 son
Asa Pauley age 13 son
Martha age 11 daughter
George W Pauley age 2 son

I went out looking for the Peyton Pauley family and I found them but there is no mention of a Asa Pauley as their son.
does anyone know why?

Posted: 5 Mar 2007 8:09PM GMT
Hello,

I'm getting conflicking information on who the parents of
Peyton Pauley born around 1799-1800,
I found these two sets of Parents for Peyton Pauley.
1)John Pauley and Nancy Taylor
2)Joseph A. Pauley and Lavina Midkiff

Does anyone know who are the correct parents for Peyton Pauley are?

per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions