Search for content in message boards

Vicente Silva-Gang Leader-Las Vegas,New Mexico

Vicente Silva-Gang Leader-Las Vegas,New Mexico

Posted: 24 Aug 2001 6:12PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 24 Oct 2001 6:39PM GMT
I am looking for Info on the lineage of Vicente Silva who was the infamous leader of the "SILVA GANG OF LAS VEGAS,NEW MEXICO". I understand he had a daughter--He also killed his wife "TELESOFORA SANDOVAL" and her brother "GABRIEL". All three (I think) are buried in Las Vegas,New Mexico. Legend has it that the "GANG" operated from OLD LAS VEGAS,NM, SAN MIGUEL COUNTY during 1888-1893.
I am a SILVA and think I am connected with this bandit.
Any and all information would be greatly appreciated.
Many THANKS in advance

Re: Vicente Silva-Gang Leader-Las Vegas,New Mexico

Posted: 16 Aug 2004 3:34AM GMT
Edited: 20 Aug 2004 10:24PM GMT
Surnames: Silva, Valdez
I just found out that my great grandmother was Petra Silva and that she was the sister of Vicente Silva. She was the mother of my grandfather, Jose Valdez. They were from Bernalillo, New Mexico. I was also told that Vicente Silva was from Bernalillo. I have not yet had a chance to search for information on Petra.

Posted: 20 Jun 2008 4:48AM GMT
Any knowing information on relation of Vicente Silva to Francisco Silva?

Posted: 2 Jan 2010 11:35AM GMT

Hi: My cousin is reading book "Las Vegas, New Mexico 'the Town That Would NOT Gamble." Came across information
on Vicente Silva and his gang. We are interested as we are RAELs, parents came from Anton Chico, NM. A Procopio RAEL(our great grandfather's name) WAS was a member of Silva's gang.

Vicente had a Daughter, EMMA who was handicapped. Google the name Vicente Silva and other web site names came up with info on where to locate additional information.

Posted: 25 Feb 2010 12:32AM GMT
Vicente had a brother named Francisco, he also had 3 other brothers...Refugio, Antonio, Juan. Antonio is my mothers paternal grandfather and Francisco is my dads maternal grandfather.
Ed Silva, Las Cruces, NM

Posted: 26 Feb 2010 3:55AM GMT
Thank you for the information ~ if you don't mind me asking...what is your mother's name and father's name? My grandmother's name is Josefita (who was raised at St. Catherine's School. She had a sister named Viviana or Vivianita Silva. I'm really on a mission to find out who her mother was. Her father was named Francisco Silva.

Posted: 26 Feb 2010 5:15AM GMT
My fathers name is Romualdo Silva, son of Manuel and Marcelina Silva, Hatch, NM. His mother's father is Francisco Silva, brother to Vicente the bandit.
My mother is Corina Silva, daughter of Alberto and Margarita Silva, Rodey, NM. Her father's father is Antonio Silva, brother to Vicente the bandit.
The only Viviana I found was Mary Viviana, daughter of Vicente Silva(1825-1900) and Maria de Dolores Gonzales. Vicente and Maria were parents to 12 children, one was Vicente the bandit. I've only found nine so far, maybe Josefita is one of the three missing. The 1900 census showed only 9 were alive. My great grandfather Francisco didn't have any children named Josefita or Viviana. Hope this helped you a little. My email is vsosilva@yahoo.com

Who are yr parents? Do you live in New Mexico?

Posted: 26 Feb 2010 5:22AM GMT
Hi again, if you can give me more information on Josefita and Viviana, any info like dob, spouse name, date of death, names of other brothers and sisters, names of children of each, etc
I'll check around for you.

Posted: 10 Sep 2011 8:05PM GMT
my family is from las vegas, new mexico and they tell me that im related to patas de rana a member of vicente silvas gang.my last name is sanchez. thats all the information i know of. hope that helps!

Posted: 25 Oct 2011 2:41PM GMT
look up Las Vegas Optic. Than Search For Silva Gang
My Great great great great grandpo was Genevo Alvia he was part of the Gang.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic