Search for content in message boards

Abraham MARTIN b. 1715 VA

Abraham MARTIN b. 1715 VA

Harriet Riggs (View posts)
Posted: 10 Jan 2001 12:17PM GMT
Searching for sources to prove father-son relationship between Abraham MARTIN (b.1715 probably in New Kent VA d.1773 in SC ) and his father John MARTIN (b. abt. 1685 in VA, d. 1756 VA) who was a member of the House of Burgess from King Queen Co., VA. Older children are listed in the Parish Register of St. Peter's Parish of New Kent. Most county records in that area were burned.

Abraham Martin maybe to Doyle Martin !

Posted: 11 Jan 2001 6:55PM GMT
Edited: 7 Dec 2001 2:19AM GMT
Mrs. Riggs my ggg granddaddy John died in Carroll Co. in 1825. He had siblings named Polly, Jane, Deliathia, James, William, and Jacob, which is my lineage. I wish I could help you, but John is as for as I can get. John was from SC. based on all I can find out. Do you know Abraham's kids names.

Abraham Martin

Posted: 12 Jan 2001 9:51AM GMT
Thank you for the reply. Abraham Martin (VA and SC)b. 1715 - died 1773 and son of John Martin (VA b. 1685 - d. 1756)had sons named John, Thomas, George, Mathew (who all fought in the Revolution) and one daughter Letitia. There are others but I do not have that information with me right now. Abraham's son John is my 3rd great grandfather from John's first wife Elizabeth Terry. The Martins moved from VA to SC (Edgefield)sometime in the 1760s (?) and Abraham was killed while surveying land in GA, abt. 1773. My data on my direct line is very clear until I get to John, father of Abraham.

ABRAHAM (ABRAM) MARTIN born 9-4-1797 SC; died 7-28-1852 Wayne County, IL

Posted: 16 Jan 2001 7:08PM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2001 10:23PM GMT
Hello!
I was wondering if my ABRAHAM (or ABRAM) MARTIN born 9-4-1797 South Carolina; died 7-28-1852 Wayne County, IL could possibly be related to your line??? I have him as marrying MARY JANE "POLLY" HEADY born 2-5-1801 VA; died 7-20-1845 Wayne County, IL. Married approx. 1823-24; place unknown.

I have LOTS of info to share on their descendants; unfortunately, I am unable to find ABRAHAM'S parents and/or siblings.
PLEASE HELP IF YOU CAN!!!!!! Will share all info/photos/documents!!!!!!

THANK YOU!

e-mail directly: elhzm@tir.com

Abraham MARTIN b. 1797

Posted: 17 Jan 2001 9:21AM GMT
There were quite a few Abraham (Abram) MARTINS in the generations that followed my gggggrandparents (ABRAHAM and ELIZABETH MARSHALL MARTIN). I do not have them in my data but Leroy and Mildred Collier mention in their book on the Martins an Abram Martin, son of JOHN MARTIN and ELIZABETH TERRY, and grandson of Abram and Elizabeth Marshall Martin. According to that book that Abram was born in SC in 1798 and married Jane PATTON of NC. No other information was given.

ABRAHAM MARTIN b. 9-4-1797 SC d. 7-28-1852 IL

Posted: 24 Jan 2001 6:11AM GMT
Edited: 13 Jul 2001 10:23PM GMT
Hello!
I (so far!) have NOT been able to establish a definitive tie to this family as of yet; however, IF this Abraham Martin is my 4th greatgrandfather......I have ALOT of descendants information which I would be willing to share!
My Abraham Martin was born 9-4-1797 in SC; died 7-28-1852 in Wayne County, IL. He married MARY JANE "POLLY" HEADY approx. 1823-24 (place unknown).
PLEASE...if you think this is a connection or could offer me any information in this regard- e-mail: elhzm@tir.com
Have been TRYING and SEARCHING for a very long time!!!!Need Abraham's siblings and parents............

Thanks!

John Martin . b.1740

Larry Martin (View posts)
Posted: 4 Feb 2001 8:07AM GMT
My 6x great grandfather was John Martin b.1740 Va.[possibly Martin Co.] d.1799 Pendleton S.C. REV.WAR VET. Was married to Sarah Harris. They hed 2 sons thatI know of Edmund and Azariah. Is there a possible Connection reply to martin1@apex.net

Re: Abraham Martin

Posted: 5 Aug 2002 11:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 3 Oct 2003 12:52AM GMT
Surnames: Martin, Russell
Do you have any further information on the George Martin you listed in your posting? I am trying to find the parents of a George Martin born 11/28/1790 SC. This George fought in the War of 1812. He may have been a Jr. I have copies of old letters where his grandson is remembering his "Grandpap" George Martin telling him that Grandpap's father served under Gen Marion, the Swamp Fox.
Also "Grandpap" George Martin said he had 12 brothers, but he did not know what happened to any of them after the war. George married a women named Patience Russell. Any connections?

Re: Abraham Martin

Posted: 6 Aug 2002 12:33AM GMT
I don't have any information the relates to a Russell - Martin connection. Sorry.

Mathew Martin

Posted: 4 Jul 2003 10:11AM GMT
Surnames: Martin/Barnett
I am searching for the family of Mathew Martin. He married in Paulding Co., Georgia a Mellissa Powell on March 28, 1844. He fought in the confederacy. In 1861, he had a daughter in the Paulding area, Malinda Martin who married my 2nd great-grandfather, Benjamin Abraham Barnett. Prior to that, The Martins and Barnetts moved to Cleburne Co, Alabama area. Malinda and Abraham then came to Texas in 1888. I am wondering if your line is my Mathew's line. He was born around the 1820's and lists Georiga. Thanks you.
Monica
per page

Find a board about a specific topic