Search for content in message boards

Harold J Smith aka Jay Silverheels

Harold J Smith aka Jay Silverheels

Posted: 12 Nov 2005 9:46PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Hill, Green, Vyse, Jakes(Jacobs), Winters, Sowden, Vandewalle, Joseph, Squire-Hill
Looking for any info on Jay Silverheels (born Harold J. Smith). His father was Alexander George Smith. He played Tonto onthe Lone Ranger show. Born about 1912, died May 1980. My mother was always told he was her second cousin but having a hard time finding the connection. She remembered him at family gatherings when she was young. My mothers people are Hill and Green from six nations. Her parents Morgan and Mina (green) Hill, G-parents Elmer and Mabel (vyse) Hill and Cornelius and Melissa(jakes) Green.
Any info would be appreciated. I can be emailed also at shmooy2@wmconnect.com.
Thanks!

Re: Harold J Smith aka Jay Silverheels

Marilyn (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2005 3:07PM GMT
I'm from Brantford, Ontario (about 7 miles from the 6 Nations Reservation) and remember the stories about Jay Silverheels well and what a big deal it was when he came home to visit...........Go to this site and it will give you a little information on him..........I'll look in my files for other, more pertinent info on him.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0798855/bio

Marilyn

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 14 Nov 2005 11:27PM GMT
Hi e-mail me and I'll respond with information regarding this family.

Posted: 10 Oct 2010 5:59PM GMT
Hello,
I dont know whether you will respond to this but I'm pretty sure I am a cousin and have been recently looking into my ancestry. My grandfather is Howard Grant Hill who is the son of Mina Green (Morgan Hill Jr.?). I am interested in hearing about your side of the family, if you have some time.
Thanks,
Kaitlyn

Posted: 10 Oct 2010 7:32PM GMT
Hi! Howard is the son of my grandmother Mina Green Hill. I spoke to Howard and his wife a few years ago while I was looking for information on my grandmother's family. Shot me an email at shmooy2@comcast.net would love to hear from you!
Susan

Posted: 7 Jul 2011 7:05PM GMT
Hi,

I am trying to reach Mary DiRoma Silverheels who was Jay Silverheel's wife. I am looking for my father, David Delvecchio, Mary's brother and my father were very close friends. Mary knew him too and so may still know how to reach him.

If you have any way for me to contact Mary Silverheels, will you please let me know. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Lisa Scott

Posted: 15 Nov 2011 7:49AM GMT
I am not related but in looking at recent bio's online and it appears that his wife Mary has passed also... So sorry

Posted: 18 Mar 2012 2:56AM GMT
Surnames: Fuller, Brant
Hi my name is Angela, My Father had family fron Tyendinaga Mohawk Territory and our last name is Fuller.. He told me We were related to the brants before he died and I always remember him telling me that Jay Silverheels ( Harold Smith) was related to us somehow through his mother.. I would really love to know if this is true! :) anyone with any insight please let me know, We also have istant relatives in six nations.

Posted: 28 Mar 2012 3:00PM GMT
When I was a young girl my Mother raised and showed parade horses. She rode a high stepping palomino stallion, she was and still is a beautiful woman. My Mother's costume was totally handmade from head to toe, totally covered in sequins each hand-stitched by Tonto's sister who was a magnificent talented woman.

Posted: 30 Dec 2012 9:44PM GMT
I am finishing a book about Harold Smith aka Jay Silverheels. Should be out in 2 months. I live in Brantford know a few people on Grand River Six Nations, have some info on Jay, met him when i was 10 years old in 1957. I need more info and/or stories.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions