Search for content in message boards

Carter Family

Carter Family

Posted: 22 Oct 2006 9:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Anyone remaining in the Parish (or the world) that may be related to a Douglass, Nelson, Larkin, Carrie, or Kittie Carter? Most of this family line migrated into Ouachita Co, ARK about 1876,into Ashdown, ARK; then into the north east-central OK areas (Spencer, OK City, Tulsa, Muskogee, Childsville) USA.

Re: Carter Family

Charles Cox (View posts)
Posted: 22 Oct 2006 11:29PM GMT
Would William Elijah Nelson, born 29 Feb 1836 or his daughter Sallie Isabell Nelson born 2 May 1875 match any of yours?

Posted: 22 Oct 2006 11:49PM GMT
First, thank you for taking the time to reply to my posted message. I do not know if the names you posted are in my direct line, but Isabell is certainly a recurring Carter family name, along with Mary and Kittie. I should claify that my Carters are listed as Black, and mulatto in some cases. Thanks again.

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 6:32AM GMT
Surnames: carter, jones, talton
Hello, I too have connections to the Carter family. My GG grandmother was Maryann Talton (born Carter), her parents were joseph and alice carter from S. carolina. They moved to louisianna in about 1870. Joe Carter owned a farm in Minden Louisiana and lived there until his death. Their children were Isam, Allie, Ellis, Samuel Bryant, Mary Ann, Harvey ,Rees ,Perry, Ellen, and Emma. If u have any connection to this line, please advise:
chasity.byrd@gmail.com
Please note, I believe my Carter line to be black, mulatto, perhaps native american (based on photos I have)
per page

Find a board about a specific topic