Search for content in message boards

Daugherty's of Baylor, Denton Tx.

Daugherty's of Baylor, Denton Tx.

Byron Fry (View posts)
Posted: 22 Jul 2005 7:18PM GMT
Classification: Query
Looking for relatives: Daniel Boone Daugherty and wife Alma(FRY) Daugherty moved from Denton County, TX. to Baylor county in early 1900's. Had several children, Daniel B. Jr. who married Doris, Blanche and Lois.
Daniel Jr. and Doris had a son , Glen R. Daugherty...I am a cousin...Daniel and Alma were my Great Great Aunt and Uncle. Would like to meet any cousins and trade family photos...

Re: Daugherty's of Baylor, Denton Tx.

Posted: 2 Nov 2009 1:35AM GMT
My friend, John Daugherty, of Wichita Falls, is Glen's
son. You may John and his 2 siblings already but if not,
I will get you in touch.

Posted: 2 Nov 2009 3:28PM GMT
Thank you very much. I have not met any of the Daugherty side. I look forward to contacting John.

Posted: 5 Feb 2010 9:54PM GMT
I am Glen Daugherty's son, David Alan. Dad died in 1981, but his sister Sarah is still alive and living in Wichita Falls.

I am currently living in Edmond, OK. You can reach me via my email, partydarty@gmail.com.

I look forward to hearing from you - David Daugherty

Posted: 9 Feb 2010 4:51PM GMT
I am Glen Daugherty's daughter Doris Dee. I vaguely remember Blanche and Alma.

I have lived in Kentucky for 36 years.

Posted: 9 Feb 2010 5:41PM GMT
Hi Doris.
very nice to talk to you. I have been trying to find family members that may have photos they would be willing to share. I am actually the grandson of Arthur Griffin Fry who was Alma and Blanche's brother. I live in the DFW area.I obtained some Daugherty family photos from the Denton Museum but did not have any of Daniel or Stephen Daugherty and my aunts. Hope all is well. Do you know who you are named after? I want to make sure our Tree is correct. Any help you can lend me would be great

Posted: 9 Feb 2010 7:09PM GMT
I am named for Dad's mother, Doris Britton Daugherty. The Dee came from Mom's side of the famly. I have always been called Dee. I do have some old pictures and will find and supply them.

Posted: 9 Feb 2010 7:33PM GMT
Dee, thanks so much. I believe I have a book that your Grandmother Doris authoured. Seems it was about Baylor County, Tx. The title slips my mind at the moment. I am currently updating both the Fry and Daugherty family trees and any help you can provide would be great. I'll also send you a copy of the family tree and the Daugherty photos I obtained from the Denton Mueseum. They have a Fry/Daugherty display in the main courthouse lobby.I can be contacted at bfry@odysseyonesource.com. I live in Colleyville next to DFW airport. I'm retired from the Euless Fire Dept. and currently work for Odyssey One Source. Talk to you soon.

Posted: 9 Feb 2010 7:52PM GMT
That book was written by my great grandmother, Sarah Ann Ray Britton. I have a copy as well as a copy of her other book, The Early History of Baylor County.

Posted: 9 Feb 2010 8:01PM GMT
That must have been your grandmother Doris' mother. See we already found a mistake on the tree. I'll make that change. I have a copy of "The Early History of Baylor County"and maybe the othe other as well. I bought them when I visited Seymour, Tx. I also was just contacted by David Alan who says your aunt Sarah is still alive and lives in Wichita Falls. I can only assume she was named after your great granmother.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic