Search for content in message boards

FAUTINA {sp?} PLANTATION

FAUTINA {sp?} PLANTATION

Posted: 27 Mar 2003 12:52AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 5 Jul 2004 10:13AM GMT
Surnames: BERTAUT; PREAUX
I looking for information on the following {marriage; births, etc.} Bertaut family that lived on the Fautina {sp?} plantation in the early 1900's:
Carroll Robert BERTAUT m. Virginia PREAUX
children:
Carroll
Louis
Marion
Merle
Eulalee
Nellena
And leads as to where I might locate marriage/birth records, as well as the names of the parents of Caroll & Virginia, would be greatly appreciated.

Merci,
Dale Boudreaux
Jefferson, LA

Faustina Plantation

Posted: 30 Mar 2003 4:50AM GMT
bonjour Dale,

The correct spelling is Faustina. I would suggest to you that a trip to the St. James Parish Courthouse in Convent may prove valuable. To find marriage info on people in the early 1900s that is your best bet, unless you locate a family member who has direct information or has done the family genealogy already. If you can not locate Bertaut info in the St. James Courthouse, I would recommend checking the Ascension Parish Courthouse in Donaldsonville which is actually the closest of the 2 courthouses to Faustina Plantation, being that Donaldsonville & Faustina are both on the westbank & Convent on the eastbank and further down river. Also, if these Bertauts' spouses were from elsewhere, say New Orleans, it is possible marriage information would have to be attained elsewhere.

Bonne chance!

Re: Faustina Plantation

Posted: 3 Apr 2003 11:54PM GMT
Edited: 5 Jul 2004 10:13AM GMT
Jay,
Thanks so much for your reply. I didn't think that I had the spelling {Faustina} correct...I sincerely appreciate the leads that you have given to me.

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 3:52AM GMT
Dale Are you still loking for this information? My Dad is CArroll R. Bertaut III. His dad is CR Bertaut II. CRBertaut II dad was Carroll Bertaut and his dad's name was Phillbear and he was Married to Laura. My sister and I were researching and we found where they misspelled Bertaut so also look up Bertant and it lists Phillbear and his brother Eugene.

Posted: 21 Nov 2012 4:46AM GMT
Yes, I am still hunting! My dad's twin brother (Louis) married Marion Bertaut, a sister of Carroll R II. I have lots of my tree on Ancestry,com if you ever look at that site. Thanks for the reply, I still enjoy "the hunt"!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions