Search for content in message boards

DNA for Bloomfield male descendants

DNA for Bloomfield male descendants

Posted: 7 Sep 2009 12:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Bloomfield: Barclay/Kirkham/Kimball/Howell/Johnson
We have two male Bloomfield members for the Y DNA testing at familytreedna.com, one name search.
We will add more as they join. We hope to make this into a comprehensive study on the Bloomfield family. If you are, or know of any male Bloomfields who may be interested, let them know where they can find the study.
Thank you and We are on our Way.
Bob Johnson, son of Emma Bloomfield, my mother.

Re: DNA for Bloomfield male descendants

Posted: 26 Dec 2009 11:07AM GMT
Surnames: Bloomfield: Read/Bryant

Cyril Josiah Bloomfield: I have been researching his family tree and have just uploaded it onto the ancestry website - look for 'Bloomfield/Read of Suffolk' if you are interested.

Posted: 28 Dec 2009 11:03PM GMT
OK, thanks. Our Bloomfield line, if proved, goes straight to England to the time of Oliver Cromwell and our Thomas Bloomfield was an officer in Oliver Cromwell's army,so that say.
Thanks so much, as any and all Bloomfield info will help us find our roots and ancestry in England.

Posted: 11 Apr 2011 2:14PM GMT
i had another lady inform me that our blood line actually goes little back then that to emp. charliaminge pardon if the spelling not correct on the name.

Posted: 5 Aug 2012 1:08AM GMT
you may find out that the bloomfield line actually goes further back then that. i was told that we (bloomfields) actually can be traced back to emporior chalamagne. that we are an descendent of him. and also we have some native american blood from several different tribes in us as well., such as cherokee, blackfeet.

Posted: 20 Aug 2012 6:16PM GMT
Surnames: Bloomfield, Morgan, Eulett/Hulet, Butler, Dimmitt, Lee
I'm confused...if this is a "Y" gene project, isn't that sons of sons of sons of sons? If you are a son of a Bloomfield female, your "Y" chromosome is from your father, who is NOT a Bloomfield. Isn't that correct?

Posted: 29 Aug 2014 5:41AM GMT
Surnames: Bloomfield
Does this study include DNA from any Bloomfield males b. KY?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic