Search for content in message boards

Need Information on Benjamin Franklin Clark

Need Information on Benjamin Franklin Clark

Dave Clark (View posts)
Posted: 30 Nov 2000 8:24PM GMT
Looking for information concerning the Clark lineage.
My grandfather Theodore Roosevelt (1904-1931)
My ggrandgather Seberry Clark (1854-1942)
My gggrandfather Benjamin Clark (1823-1908)
My gggggrandfather Samuel Clark (?-?)

benjamin clark

Posted: 1 Dec 2000 1:45PM GMT
Edited: 15 Aug 2001 8:44PM GMT
Dear Dave, I too am searching the Benjamin Franklin Clark name. My g/g/grand father was benjamin f. clark. His father (my g/g/g grandfather was also benjamin franklin clark. What i know is this... Benjamin (sr) was born in England. He sailed to America and landed in boston. He married a woman named Mary Spillane together they had (all i know) one child which they named benjamin franklin clark. Some time around 1866 they came to New york. Benjamin Sr, died somewhere between 1866 and 1872. Mary Spillane-clark died in 1872. Benjamin (jr) died in 1909. Hope this is helpful to you.

Benjamin Clark

Dave Clark (View posts)
Posted: 1 Dec 2000 9:46PM GMT
The GGGgrandfather being Benjamin F Clark sounds familar but I have no basis on which to prove where he came from. Ohio is where most of my stuff leads me.

Re: Benjamin Clark

pat hatfield (View posts)
Posted: 27 Mar 2003 2:06PM GMT
Classification: Query
dave, got your reply but can't find it now ,have to do an errand right now, it was regarding harmony church in ky. my gr,grandfather was william calvin clark. his father william t. clark is buried in harmony church cemetery,as well as other relativesof his. you can get me easier at pathat@conwaycorp.net
thanks for getting back to me. i will get back to you later this morning. pat hatfield

Re: benjamin clark

Posted: 25 Nov 2004 2:17AM GMT
Anytime I see the name; Benjamin Franklin Clark I read all the post and this one seems like there just might be a connection, I do not have the correct date that Benjamin (my grandfather) dies, but I know my grandmother was living with my family in 1920 and my step-mother had told me that the grandfather had died with 'yellow fever' I do not know how much of this is true, but I do know my grandparents were from England, This is also something that I cannot pin down is that the first born son was always named after the grandfather and this would fit - Sr & Jr. Use above e-mail if you think this might be of interest to you.

barbara (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2004 3:38PM GMT
Dear Anne,
How i hope that there is a connection here....Let me tell you what i know and maybe we can figure out if this is a connection (how I hope).

Okay....the time frame I am starting with is 1835 England. This is where Benjamin Clark(e) my g/g/g/ grandfather was born. He became a mariner and sailed his way to Boston. Where in 1856 he met and married a woman by the name of Mary Spillane. In 1866 they left Boston and moved to New York City, also at this time giving birth to my g/g/ grandfather Benjamin, Jr.. Somewhere between 1866 & 1872 Benjamin Sr. dies, how?where? why? don't know...
somewhere in the 1880's Benjamin jr, married Mary Wilson. They have a bunch a children, one child being name Benjamin. He being the 3rd. He eventually moved to the boston area where he married a woman named Lilly? (not 100% on her name) Thru the grapevine it was said to be lilly. I'm not sure if they have children, or if they had a son to continue the Benjmain name. I hope some of this sounds familiar to your lineage. Hope to hear from you soon. you can e-mail me directly if you wish (bjhowboy@aol.com)

Anne Dakmak (View posts)
Posted: 25 Nov 2004 6:32PM GMT
I, too, had high hopes for a connection, however the birth of the Benjamin JR is shown as 1848 on the 1900 Miss., Census and he was the child of a Benjamin who immigrated from England, and my Benjamin gave his birth place as Ala., but no county - I hit that brick wall and there are too many counties in Ala. to go any further - although I had strted and finally gave up, I was going on the assumption that his name being Benjamin Franklin was because that was his father's name as there is the theory that the first born son was to carry the name of his father..I have seen this on many census but...well, thanks for the reply and I do hope something willclick for you (and for me)....Anne Dakmak
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions