Search for content in message boards

Hardy Andrew Parker III in Hardin co. tx.

Hardy Andrew Parker III in Hardin co. tx.

Albert Bumstead (View posts)
Posted: 2 Mar 2001 2:19PM GMT
Does anyone have info. on the Hardin co.Tx.Parkers? My great grandfather was Hardy Andrew Parker III born in Duplin co. N.C. about 1830. If anyone has any info. Please e-mail me. I would greatly appreciate it. Albert Bumstead

Hardy Andrew Parker and family

Judy Parker Albrecht (View posts)
Posted: 12 Apr 2001 10:14AM GMT
This is in reply about Parker's in Hardin Co. Tx. This is my line of family,and I dont have much but will be glad to either contact you or over the net.Grandfather is Joseph Hardy Parker married to Mary Katherine Means, His father Hardy Andrew ParkerIV married to Zella Doucet, and his father Hardy Andrew III of Dublin Co.

Hardin county Parkers

Posted: 12 Apr 2001 8:50PM GMT
Yes, we are of the same line for sure. If you'd like to, you can e-mail me at ABumon256@aol.com. I would appreciate any help you can give, and I'll be glad to share any thing I can find.

Hardin county Parkers

Posted: 12 Apr 2001 8:51PM GMT
Yes, we are of the same line for sure. If you'd like to, you can e-mail me at ABumon256@aol.com. I would appreciate any help you can give, and I'll be glad to share any thing I can find.

Re: Hardy Andrew Parker and family

Posted: 13 Jul 2010 5:37PM GMT
Classification: Query
Hi, we are related. My grandmother was Ella Parker, daughter of Zella and Hardy. Zella and Hardy are buried in Grayburg, TX. I am very new to all of this so if someone has info please help. I have some, anyone want to exchange info ? Laurine Zell M.

Re: Hardy Andrew Parker III in Hardin co. tx.

Posted: 14 Jul 2010 3:26PM GMT
This is my husband's line. My mother-in-law (Earline Montaz Carter) who I talked to until her death in 1996, had a brother (Emmit Carter) that was raised by Zella after Zella's husband (Hardy Andrew Parker IV) died. Zella was Earline and Emmits grandmother. Their mother was Zella (Parker) Carter, and she died when Earline was 2, and Emmit was a baby. Anyway, I have done extensive research on this line. This Hardy, which is the 4th Hardy A. Parker, was born 5 APR 1848 in Perry Co, Miss. His parents were Hardy A. Parker III (b.1805 Duplin Co, NC), and Nancy McAlpin. I have proved this line back to Thomas Parker b.BEF. 1716 in Edgecombe Co (old Chowan), NC. but lived in New Hanover Co. and married to Rachel ? .

Here is my website with the information:

http://wc.rootsweb.ancestry.com/cgi-bin/igm.cgi?op=GET&d...

Would love to hear from any of you on this. Kathy Heaton Wells.

Posted: 14 Jul 2010 8:34PM GMT
Surnames: Parker
Hi Kathy, you have been very busy. My husband and I started several years ago but had stopped. We have only had computer 2 years so please excuse me. My grandmother was Eldarado and she passed in 1918 flu leaving my Dad and his 2 brothers. My parents would visit my ggrandmother in Grayburg, I have a copy of a pic in front of the house, my Mom said that its John Bullock-Aunt Bill Parkers son Aunt Bill Parker, ggrandmother Zell Parker, little Alton Parker, Uncle Malcon and ggranddad Hardy, we were gussing maybe taken around 1914. My Mom is old and the pic isn't that great but she seemed to know everyone, and she wasn't even born until 1924. I hope we can be buddies. e-mail me please, I would try to send things but don't have scanners or anything. messinacasey@yahoo.com

Posted: 15 Jul 2010 12:01PM GMT
Hi Kathy, me again Laurine. Well I opened the folder that our cousin Ouida had given me several years ago when we started and there is Kathy Wells. So this is marked 1988 and it is your info from then. Ouida is the cousin who gave me copies of the few pics I have. Who knew ? So really you are the one that helped my hubby and I get started with this. We have seen ggrandmom and Aunt Zellas grave, we think my grandmom Eladarado Parker Stewart is buried there too, but no headstone. The Doucett graveyard we couldn't get to, the people were not helpful and wouldn't let us see it. It is in Moss Hill, TX. please e-mail me. Thanks cuz. I am soo excited about this. Laurine

Posted: 15 Jul 2010 2:25PM GMT
Hi there Laurine,
I remember very well corresponding with Ouida. I think we talked on the phone a couple of times before the correspondence. She was very helpful in filling in some of the current cousins names.
Earline and I had a Grayburg town historian go with us to track down the old cemetery with Zella & Hardy buried there. We had to go past a newer cemetery, back into the woods, past an old dead stinky cow, to get to that part of the older cemetery. That area was in full of brambles & snakes. After that, we paid to have someone clean up the Parker area of the old cemetery, and mow. That lasted a few years, but someone told us they weren't doing a very good job, and after a few years they wanted more and more to mow, so I eventually had to drop paying for that because I couldn't check on it to see if it was even getting done.
Don't know if you have had time to look over all of my research, but of course I have all of the 'cajun' lines, or most of them back into Nova Scotia and France. And at the time that I was conversing with Ouida, I didn't know yet that our Hardy was the IV or 4th Hardy. But, since then, I discovered that Hardy IV's father was Hardy III was born about 1805 in NC, and his father & grandfather were Hardy Sr & Jr listed together in a document/deed sale in 1799 in New Hanover/Duplin Co. Since Hardy III wasn't born till 1805, we know that was not him in 1799. So there had to be a Hardy I(Sr) and Hardy II(Jr) who sold that land. You may need some paper and pencil to chart it all out when you start really reading it over. Especially when it comes to the wives of Hardy I and Hardy II. It can be very confusing. Anyway, I have the Parkers back to Thomas Parker b.1716 in Edgecomb County N.C. Can't break past that. Hope someone can eventually. Do you know any Parker men that might do the DNA testing?? That could be helpful as far as figuring out which Parker line we go back to??
Cousin, Kathy.

Posted: 16 Jul 2010 3:26PM GMT
HiCuz, I haven't made it through all of your stuff. Michael and I will get to the Grayburg Cem. again soon I hope. When we went Casey(daughter) was 8 or so and we had to carry her. We couldn't get through the front so we went to a house that backs to it and they took us back there, very muddy and yes cow pasture. It looked good then but haven't been back since then. I will go soon cause of the 2 hurricanes. We found the Doucet cematary in Grayburg, completly surrounded by private land and we were told the new owners were not nice,so didn't see it,but Zellie 1825 was listed. Run out room again. Cousin Laurine
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions