Search for content in message boards

Laster Family

Laster Family

Posted: 15 Apr 2006 2:02PM GMT
Classification: Query
Can anyone tell me Rev. Laster's Fathers name?
here is his obit from 1999.
Thanks, Joan

James Laster

HOBBS, N.M. - The Rev. James ``Jim'' Oren Laster, 54, died Tuesday, Nov. 2, 1999, in a local hospital.

Service will be at 10 a.m. Saturday at Castle Avenue Baptist Church with burial at 4 p.m. in Dunn Cemetery in Dunn, Texas. Arrangements are by Chapel of Hope Funeral Home.

He was born Jan. 31, 1945, in Big Spring. He was the pastor of Castle Avenue Baptist Church in Hobbs.

Survivors include his wife, Donna Laster of Hobbs; three sons, Chad Laster, Mark Laster and T.C. Laster, all of Hobbs; his mother, Edna Laster of Snyder; three brothers, Bill Laster of Seguin, Ron Laster of Hurst and Dennis Laster of Abilene; and an uncle and two aunts.

Re: Laster Family

Posted: 16 Apr 2006 11:42PM GMT

Laster, James Oren 01/31/1945
IN Howard County, TX NEAR: Big Spring
THE MOTHER'S MAIDEN NAME IS:
Motley, Edna Mae
THE FATHER'S NAME IS:
Laster, Charles Ernest

Married Donna Faye Childress 09/15/1970, Tom Green Co, TX

CHARLES E LASTER
23 Nov 1913 - 14 Jun 1998
Last Residence: 79549 Snyder, Scurry, TX

No record found for Edna Laster

Clifford Fargason (View posts)
Posted: 18 Apr 2006 2:44AM GMT
When they ran the grocery store in Dunn, we all knew them as Bus and Edna. I believe that it is O.N. Lasater, Jr (Oct 24, 1910-Dec 11, 1987) but I am not totally sure. I will try to ask some questions of the folks back in Dunn.
Cliff Fargason

Posted: 5 May 2006 11:29AM GMT
hi
im trying to find some cousins on my Lasater line.and like yours mine has either changed the spelling or uses it in different ways too.

my grandparents were Francis Marion Lasater(born nov,21-1836 Bledsoe county Tennessee,married to Nancy E.Long(born dec,5-1848.
ended up in logan county arkansas.if yours fits,let me know.

thomashorne@centurytel.net

Posted: 5 May 2006 11:30AM GMT
hi
im trying to find some cousins on my Lasater line.
my grandparents were Francis Marion Lasater(born nov,21-1836 Bledsoe county Tennessee,married to Nancy E.Long(born dec,5-1848.
ended up in logan county arkansas.if yours fits,let me know.

thomashorne@centurytel.net

Posted: 17 May 2006 3:30PM GMT
Edited: 29 Jun 2006 2:11PM GMT
snyder daily news 1999 Rev jim laster died buried at the dunn cemetary he was 54 died at lea regional medical center in hobbs n.m. born jan 31, in big springs grew up in china grove and married donna chidress on sept 15, 1970 in san angelo. he was the paster of the castle ave baptist church in hobbs he was also a pastor of churches at dora and portales n.m. he was proceeded in death by his father C.E. "Bus" laster. survived by 3 sons chad, mark, and t.c. his mother edna 3 brothers bill, ron and dennis
taken from obit at scurry county library

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 7:12PM GMT
Just saw this and his father was Charles Ernest Laster and mother was Edna Mae Motley. All are buried in Dunn Cemetery.

Posted: 10 Oct 2011 7:16PM GMT
The question was answered in 2006 by the first response!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic