Search for content in message boards

Almond & Bartlett GUINN / GWINN

Almond & Bartlett GUINN / GWINN

Lucy Barron (View posts)
Posted: 15 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: GUINN, GWINN, GUIN, GWIN, CRITTENDEN, BURTON, DANIEL, WILLIAMS, EVANS, FEMBROUGH, FEMBRAY, BOSTICK
Researching family of Almon GUINN and his brother Bartlett GUINN. Bartlett married Catherine FEMBRAY or FEMBROUGH. Alman (variously spelled Alman, Almon(d) GUINN/GWINN, etc.) married Mary EVANS in 1751 in Goochland Co., VA. He is in Halifax Co. by 1760. He died in 1800 Stokes Co., NC. Family may have been in Rockingham Co., NC before going to Stokes Co.

Children of Almond and Mary (EVANS) GWINN were: 1) Elizabeth, b.1755 married ___ DANIEL; 2) Martha, b.c.1752, m.ca 1770-1772 to Drury WILLIAMS (son of Aaron WILLIAMS); 3) Cresan m. ____ CRITTENDEN (living in Halifax Co. in 1800); 4) Mary m. ____ FARE; 5) Rebecca m. Peter BURTON; 6) Thornton Preston GUINN, d.c.1831-33 Stokes Co., NC, m. Anne BOSTICK in Stokes Co., NC.

Who were parents of Alman and Bartlett? Mary EVANS? Need names of spouses of children and their descendants. Have some descendants (not complete) for Martha, Cresan, and Thornton.

Re: Peter BURTON

Lucy Barron (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BURTON
Sorry, I do not know his lineage as yet. I do find him (I think) in Stokes Co., NC in 1800. He was a few slaves with him, and Almond GUINN is not on the census. If he is already dead; the slaves may have come from Almond (he seems to have been quite affluent-- over 20 slaves named in will).

Peter Burton

Tom Atkinson (View posts)
Posted: 16 Sep 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: BURTON
Do you know if this Peter Burton was the son of Abraham Burton and Mary Bevill?

Tom

Almond Guinn

Norris Guinn (View posts)
Posted: 20 Dec 1998 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Guinn, Banger, Fletcher, Napier
Have copy of will of Almond Guinn of Stokes Co,NC dated 13 Sept, 1800 which lists his children, etc. Do you have? Do you know of any connection of William Guinn, born 1800 in VA, Married Nancy Banger in Lee Co, VA in abt. 1820?
Advise please

Norris Guinn
Posted: 7 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2001 4:25AM GMT
Surnames: Crittenden
Cresan possibly married William Crittenden c.a.1790. Per
my info, William was b. ca 1765 in Anson Co. (Now Montgomery Co.) NC, USA. I do not have the names of children. He died either 2/8/1826 or 1/8/1831 in TN.
I do not have the date of Cresan's death.

William's great-grandfather, Richard, came to Virginia from England ca 1700. The family migrated from Gloucester Co. VA to Montgomery Co. NC. USA.

Re: Cresan Gwin

Rhonda Norris (View posts)
Posted: 4 Dec 2006 11:47PM GMT
Edited: 5 Dec 2006 1:23PM GMT
Surnames: Crittenden, Guinn
3 Aug. 1834 in Stokes Co. North Carolina. Chrisanna Crittenden daughter of Almand Quinn stated on her will that she was divorced from John Crittendon and they had a daughter Polly. Also will of Almand Guinn dated 13 Sep.1800 stated wife Mary, daughters Cresan Crittendon,Martha, Elizabeth Daniel,Mary Fare, Rebekah Burton and son Thornton Preston Guinn. Also mentions Mary Crittendon, daughter of Cresan. Cresan inherited one half of his land in Halifax County Virginia.

Re: Almond & Bartlett GUINN / GWINN

Posted: 14 Dec 2007 3:04AM GMT
Surnames: Gwinn, Fambrough, Mullins
I am wondering if you are still researching this family. I descend through Bartlett and Catherine Fambrough Gwinn's son, Almond, and his wife Neuraney Mullins. I would love to exchange information with you if you are interested.
Sharon

Posted: 19 May 2008 4:43AM GMT
Do you have any information About Bartlett's mother or father

Posted: 20 May 2008 5:55PM GMT
Surnames: Gwinn, Fambrough
I'm sorry, but I have none at all. I have seen other researchers who say he was born in Ireland, but have not been able to confim that. How do you connect to them?
Sharon Catto

Posted: 14 Sep 2010 4:24PM GMT
Surnames: Gwinn/Guinn
I am also a descendant of Bartlett and Catherine Fambrough. I have looked through thousands of records and cannot identify Bartlett's parents. Have you had any luck?
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions