Search for content in message boards

Morrows that moved to Ga.

Morrows that moved to Ga.

Eddie Morrow (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2000 5:59AM GMT
My Grandfathers father was carson Morrow he died around 1930. His father was John Morrow unknown name of Mother. He had two brothers Thomas and David.3 sisters unknown names. Any info would help thanks. John was born in 1870s probley in Ga. don't know about his father.also they may have moved from N.C.

Morrows That Moved To GA

Posted: 23 Aug 2000 10:41AM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2006 5:48PM GMT
Eddie,
I think we may be cousins. If so, I have a lot of information to share with you. Please email me at BJoyceCowan@AOL.com.

Morrows That Moved To GA

Posted: 23 Aug 2000 4:09PM GMT
Edited: 29 Nov 2006 5:48PM GMT
Eddie,
It seems that I'm your 2nd cousin once removed. In other words, my grandfather and your great grandfather were brothers.

Carson Francis b. July 16, 1888 d. January 09, 1931 m. Era Casper b. January 18, 1895 d. September 24, 1970. They're both buried at Christian Chapel Cemetery in Winder, GA.

Carson actually had 6 brothers and 5 sisters.

I have death certificates for both of Carson's parents along with information about the grandparents who were from Belfast, Ireland.

Again, my email is BJoyceCowan@AOL.com and I look forward to hearing from you.

Re: Morrows That Moved To GA

Posted: 9 Jan 2002 6:34AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Mar 2002 5:12AM GMT
Did any of your SC/GA Morrows move on to TX? J.Morrow

Re: Morrows that moved to Ga.

Posted: 15 Jun 2004 7:21PM GMT
Eddie, I have an ancestor named Carson Morrow, he was a US Border patrol officer, lived in SW corner of Arizona. I have some info that almost matches yours, the Carson Morrow that I speak of was the son of William King Morrow and my grandfather would have been Carson's uncle.....if it is the same person, the sisters were May, Mattie and Kate.....all of the family origianlly came from Texas to N.Mexico then Arizona. I have an article that I got out of the Tucson news paper in 1967 that led me to Carson's son (my mothers first cousin) who proved out to be my relatives that I thought (as did my mother) that we were looking for Thomas Carson. That was an alias, his true name was Thomas Henry Morrow and his father was Samuel Morrow from Indiana then to Texas.If I start tracing again, I will share what I have but I looked for so long trying to find what happened to my grandfather after he deserted his family in Texas I think I got so discouraged. If a person uses one alias, then they sure might use a bunch more. It seems that when I read your note I zoomed in on the Carson Morrow name as that is how I found out about the true name being Morrow. W. K. Morrow's son's name Carson was the name my grandfather picked when he went to Oklahoma (near Deer Creek) near El Reno to visit his older brother W.K. after getting out of Texas prison (for horse theft). Oh well, the chance is slim but maybe we are cousins??????? Write if you want, I live in Missouri although I am a native Texan......thanks, Lanell Ferguson Jones

Re: Morrows that moved to Ga.

Michael Morrow (View posts)
Posted: 16 Jan 2005 5:07AM GMT
Surnames: Morrow
Wow, I should read everything before I post messages. I just now posted a follow-up to your June 2004 message @ Thomas Morrow. I was wondering if we're related, but not anymore. William King Morrow was my great-grandfather (I mistakenly said Thomas Henry Morrow was in my earlier post -- Thomas Henry would be my great-great-grandfather). The Carson Morrow you mention was the brother of my grandfather, Ralph Morrow. Ralph was also in law enforcement in southern Arizona, as was his son, Wayne (my father). For more info on the descendants of William King, see my web site http://www.morrows.net/genealgy.shtml. Would love to see any info you care to share about Morrows, especially the ancestors of Thomas Henry. Thanks. Michael Morrow
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions