Search for content in message boards

Calvin Jones 1833 Jones Co.NC

Calvin Jones 1833 Jones Co.NC

Kathy Jones (View posts)
Posted: 5 Sep 2000 9:43AM GMT
Looking for relatives of Calvin Jones m Elizabeth Connors. Calvin Jr m Alice Morgan.
Their daughter Leona Jones m William "Bill" p Jones, a cousin. Leona is my grandmother and was raised around Jason,NC
Have names of Calvin jr. siblings. Also list of leona and Bill's siblings.
Bill was born to Willy Jones and ?. Step mom was Ida Jones. His dad was Frank Jones m Miranda?.
Can anyone help me w/ this family? I could sure use any bit of info. Leona/Bill are my grandparents.
Family reunion held Selma,NC each year. Does anyone know my dad,wm earl Jones? He lives in LaGrange. Rumor has it there is Indian in family but I can't find anything on my family.Thanks for your help,Kathy Jones

Calvin Jones

Posted: 15 Sep 2000 9:51PM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2006 11:31PM GMT
Kathy,
I don't remember if you and I have ever made contact but since you have a Calvin jones I thought we should. Now I too have Calvin Jones, and my father is named after his. Now I always thought my great-grandfather was John Calvin and went by "Calvin but have heard he was Calvin J. Now I don't know the parentage of my Calvin J. or for sure where he was born but know he married and raised children in Franklin Co, Alabama. I am sure that they migrated there from the Carolinas, Mississipi, Tenn, or Georgia. Now my Calvin was born in 1866, when was your Calvin Jr. born?? Did they ever live in Alabama? I would be interested to see the names of his siblings to see if there is a match. I know that there is somehowa Morgan related throught marriage somewhere. You mention Indian blood, my Calvin was 1/2 Cherokee according to my Grandfather, i believe Calvins parents died early on and he was raised by others. His Mother wouold have been Cherokee.
Carol

Calvin Jones

Kathy Jones (View posts)
Posted: 30 Sep 2000 12:26AM GMT
Carol,my Calvin Jones was born c 1833 in Jones County,NC and died before or in 1900. He married Elizabeth Connor on April 21,1853.I have no other info on her except her death was before 1900.
They had the following children:
Molly b 1856 m Bill Wiley
Nancy b 1859 m Lon Overton
Franklin Bryant b 1861 m Lucy Amanda Foster ( my greatggrandfather on my grandfathers' side.
Calvin Jr b 1863 m Alice Morgan my ggrandfather on my grandmothers side
J.Pickney b 1867 m Penny Harely
Livinia/Vinnnie b 1869 m John Wiley.
I also have email from someone saying Nancy Jones was first wife of this John Wiley. Have not been able to prove it though.
Franklin Bryant Jones b 1861 Jones Co, NC d June 10,1933, buried Elisha Grant Family Cemetary RFD 1 Selma,NC. He married Lucy Amanda Grant on July 21,1883. She was the daughter of William Foster and Nancy (Alphin)?of Jones Co.NC. Amanda's sister Barbara m Octavius Hill.
His son,William Calvin Jones b c 1885 Jones Co.NC d May 5,1954 Mt Olive,NC. He m Bertha Edwards and 2- Ida (?) Salmon. His children:
Myrtle b Nov 11,1905 Johnston Co.,NC m Albert Williamson
Eva Jones m Joe Hinson
William Perry Jones b c 1908 m Leona Jones( they were second cousins).
Ethel Jones m Robert Whitman
Inez Jones b Sept 2,1917 d May 7,1970 m ?? and 2- Walter Goodson
Lonnie MaCoy Jones b Feb 7,1913 d May 23,1913.

Calvin Jones,Jr and Alice Morgan's children:
Bessie
Joseph ( Joe)
Robert ( BOb)
Charlie b Sept 15,1894 Lenoir Co. NC m Bessie Radford and 2- Helen Chase Carter
John Elijah
Junious
Leo Christful b Sept 8,1903 m Ollie Henry
Dora m Sam Wiggins
Mamie m James Wiggins ( no kin to above Wiggins or so I've been told)
Leona Jones b June 30,1910 Hood Swamp,Wayne Co,NC d June 29,1992

Calvin Jones and Elizabeth Connor were listed as Mulatto on census and in later years as white.
Does any of this sound familiar?
Thanks for your reply,Kathy

Calvin Jones

Posted: 30 Sep 2000 9:02AM GMT
Edited: 11 Jul 2006 11:31PM GMT
Kathy,
Thanks for all the info. your Calvins Jr. birth is very close to mine within a few years but wrong spouse. I only wish I had as much information on his family as you do on yours.
Besides the name Calvin you had one a surname Morgan, now my dad always mentioned Morgans as having married into the family somehow. I believe my mothers Clay nside married Morgans from North Carolina.
Calvin J. Jones born 5-02-1866 died October 22, 1941 buried Cherry Hill Baptist Cemetery, Franklin Co, Alabama. He married Agnes A. Thorn daughter of J.W. Thorn, she was born January 20, 1874 and died May 20, 1920. Their children were John Robert Claude Jones, born 2-28-1900, (my grandfather) he married Dessie Hyde, daughter of John R. Hyde and Sarah "Sallie" Holloway, Nettie Jones married a Truman Stout, Nelson Jones married Buella Pace, Fred Jones married Ulla Pace, Robert Mataugh married Kate Steels.
At this time they were in Franklin Co. Alabama, around Vina, Newberry, Cherokee, Red Bay areas. Calvin J. mother was Cherokee Indian that is all I know about her, one of his brothers was Marion Jones, I believe he had a sister named Lucy.

Thanks, Carol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions