Search for content in message boards

James Kenefic / Mary Scannell

James Kenefic / Mary Scannell

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 27 Oct 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Kenefic, Kenific, Kenefick, Kennefick, Scannell, Scanell
I am looking for information on the relatives of James Kenefic b. 16 Aug 1813 in Cork, Ireland, and his wife Mary Scannell, b. 23 Nov 1823, also in Cork. They emigrated to the US before their marriage in 1843. I would be pleased to hear from anyone with information about this family.

John Kennefick/Mary Scannell

Mike Scanlan (View posts)
Posted: 6 Jan 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kennefick, Scannell
Hope these may help with a family connection.

I have a Denis Kennefick born to John Kennefick and Mary Ann Scannell on 3rd Dec 1876 in the district of Douglas/Ballygarven/Killanully.

David Scannell witness to marriage of Patrick Ahern and Ellen Kennefick 28th Feb 1878 in the district of Tracton/Kilpatrick/Nohoval/Kinure.

Honora Scannell second witness to the marriage of Philip Kennefick and Johnana Long 12th Feb 1834 in district of Carrigaline/Crosshaven.

Dennis Scannell first witness to baptism of Thomas Kennefick 26th Oct 1842, third? child of Thomas Kennefick and Bridget Twomey in the district of Passage West/Monkstown/Barnahely.

Con (presume Cornelius)Scannell first sponsor to Margaret Kennefick born 8th Jan 1848, first daughter to Patrick Kennefick and Mary Connor in the district of Douglas/Ballgarvan/Killanully.

Let me know please if theres any connection however slim.

Kennefick/Scannell

Kathy (View posts)
Posted: 8 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Kennefick, Scannell
Thank you for your response, Joseph. It would not appear that "your" Mary is the same as "my" Mary, although yours could be a niece, perhaps. What information are YOU looking for?

Mary Scannell Family Tree

Posted: 8 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 8 Oct 2001 10:24PM GMT
Surnames: SCANELL
Mary Scanell born abt 1848 in Ireland.
Her Father Daniel Scanell a ''Blacksmith'' and her mother was Shorten
Mary Scanell had a Cousin an ''Archbishop WALSH.
I have a full family history will give to any one that give me any help.
Joseph Conway

Re: Mary Scannell Family Tree

Posted: 20 Nov 2002 12:24AM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2004 9:29PM GMT
I'm researching Conway........
As far back as I have gotten is Joseog Conway b.1825 TN
lst wife Rebecca, 2nd Margeret. Kids John, Jesse, Elizabeth,
Joseph, Charles & William. Mostly born in MO. Any connection?
Judi

Re: Kennefick/Scannell

Posted: 20 Jan 2003 3:02PM GMT
Hi! I am also looking for information about kennefick/Scannell. I do have information on Susan Scannell but, nothing on kennefick. This is so funny but you may be my second cousin Kathy or maybe not.

Re: James Kenefic / Mary Scannell

Kathleen (View posts)
Posted: 31 Dec 2003 6:46AM GMT
Surnames: Kenefic
James & Mary Kenefic are on the 1870 Census for Oswego, New York with 7 of their 8 children.

Kathleen (View posts)
Posted: 2 Jan 2004 4:17PM GMT
Thank you for your reply, Kathleen, and a Happy New Year to you.

Posted: 23 Jan 2004 7:54PM GMT
Does your Mary Scannell have any brothers? I have a ggrandfather, Florence, married Abigal Casey. He arrived about 1850 and lived in Potsdam, NY until he moved to Iowa. Any connection?

Re: Mary Scannell Family Tree

Posted: 30 May 2004 5:15PM GMT
Edited: 21 Apr 2005 2:44PM GMT
Surnames: Conway
Hello Judi, I think we have talked once but I misplaced your number (email). Another cousin got in touch with me and the Jesse is in her family also. Please get back to me and I will connect you two. She has lots but missing links to Jesse.
Thanks, Carol
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions