Search for content in message boards

RATH FAMILY

RATH FAMILY

PAPPY (View posts)
Posted: 18 May 2000 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: RATH
MY G GRANDFATHER AUGUST RATH, HIS DAD DAVID RATH, FROM PRUSSIA AND CATHERINE RATH. AUGUST RATH WAS LOST ON THE CENSUS IN WISC.IN 1905 AND I NEVER FOUND HIM AGAIN. IM LOOKING FOR HIS DEATH AND HIS PARENTS SHIP ARRIVIAL. I DONT KNOW HOW TO FIND DAVIDS PARENTS FROM PRUSSIA. NATURALIZED IN 1865. I CANT FIND THEIR SHIP. ANY DECENDTS PLEASE REPLY. ANYONE WHO CAN HELP THANKS! CHILDREN: OF DAVID AND CATHERINE
AUGUST, CHARLES, ELIZABETH, MINNIE, CHRISTIE AND NICHOLIS WHO WAS BORN LAST IN 1870 MAMA@AOL.COM
Posted: 10 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 28 Feb 2003 1:10AM GMT
Surnames: Rath
I have a grandfather Gustive Albert Rath born the 14th of Aug 1868 in Pittsburg. Could he be related to your August?

Rath Family

Leslie R. Williams (View posts)
Posted: 14 Aug 2000 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Rath, Beith, Siemering, Sansone, Pagliaro
Just discovered the name of my maternal grandfather's mother......Madaline Rath. I know they eventually settled in Laboe, Germany (I've actually visited the home) but I believe they might have been from Prussia originally. Madaline Rath married David Beith.....they are the parents of Hans (my grandfather), Wilhelm, Dora and Elisabeth. If I can help anyone, let me know....just beginning my research on this line, really. If you have any info, would love to hear about it. Thanks.

Family from Hamburg, Germany

Posted: 12 Jun 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 1:25AM GMT
Surnames: Rath, Volkman, Westerhaus
My great grandfather was Henry Rath born in Hamburg in 1841. He was a shipping agent before immigrating to USA in late 1870s. Married Carolina Volkman in Iowa in 1880. She also immigrated in the late 1870s from Oldenburg. My grandfather was Henry G. Rath and married Anna Westerhaus in 1909. They were married either in Iowa or Nebraska. Does this ring anybody's bells???

Re: RATH FAMILY

Posted: 15 Nov 2005 5:49AM GMT
I found a 1870 census listing in Weyauwega, Waupaca, WI for David Roth (53) with Catharine Roth (40) and childern August Roth (10), Charles Roth (13), Lixxie Roth (4), Menah (7 who was Wilhelmina Rath my great grandmother), William Roth (8) and Nicholas Roth (6 mo). I also found a census in 1880 in the same county for David Rath (63), Catharine Rath (53), August Rath (21), Minnie Rath (18 Wilhelmina), Christie Rath (14) and Nicholas Rath (10). I believe they imigrated about 1868. I haven't found David's death yet.

Re: Rath Family

Posted: 22 Mar 2013 8:04PM GMT
Surnames: Beith, Siemering, Rath
Just a little update re my Great Grandmother's first name. It was Magdalena, not "Madaline". Still searching this line.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions