Search for content in message boards

Schauble Family

Schauble Family

Posted: 11 Jul 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 26 Aug 2002 8:11PM GMT
Surnames: Schauble
My father, Charles E. Schauble, was born in Paterson, NJ on July 16, 1912. My mother, Rosemary (White) Schauble, was born in Australia on March 18, 1913. I was born on August 14, 1949 in Paterson, NJ. Our family lived in Midland Park, NJ until I married Denise (Lang) Schauble. My parents moved to Boca Raton, FL and I moved around the United States. I was divorced in 1980. I have two daughters. Sarah Kathlene Schauble born in Lake Forest, IL on June 30, 1977 and Angela Denise Schauble born October 2, 1979. My fathers sisters are Leona, Martha, Margaret and Mary. The brothers were Anthony, William, Reinhart, George, John and one that died early in life.

Gwen Leonard has been researching the family tree for years.

Please email me any information.

Re: Schauble Family

Posted: 10 Feb 2002 3:31PM GMT
Edited: 17 Feb 2002 2:46PM GMT
Surnames: Schauble, Schaub, Schaeble
Hello John E. Schauble,

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you sooner but I opened a home business this year and have been swamped with work every since.

All that I know about my Schauble family is that my grandfather was Augustus Adolph Schauble. He came to the US by way of Canada - and entered the US under the sponsorship of a wealthy man by the name of Seth Lowe. He worked at Mr. Lowe's summer camp (one of the Great Adirondack Camps) for several years. He eventually met his Irish wife, Helen Haley, who was also employed at the camp as a cook. They finally settled in the small northeastern town of Tupper Lake, NY where they lived out their lives. They had three children: twins, Douglas Emory (my father) and Doris Emily and another son by the name of Seth - named after Seth Lowe. Douglas had five children of whom three remain. Doris had two children. Seth never married.

Augustave Adolph Schauble died shortly before my birth in 1942. All I was told about him was that he loved to socialize and play jokes, but could be quite irritable at times.

I know he had other siblings, but he spoke of only one, John, who came to the US around the same time but settled in the New York City area. I believe others came over before that time but I have no idea of their names or where they settled. Lately I have gotten a lot of correspondence from the Schaub family, but I do not know if their original name was Schauble and they changed it to Schaub over the years.

I'm sorry I couldn't give you more information as to dates but I'll get back to you (if I haven't already posted them on one of these sites) as soon as I find my notes. I remain deeply interested in finding any of my cousins. As I have been looking for my relatives for so long I don't even care if it's only distant relatives that I'm able to find.

I did have contact with a Chris Schauble (whom I adopted as a cousin whether she is or not). She had a lot of information and contacts. You may be able to find out more from her at CSchauble@aol.com.

Thank you for getting in touch with me. Please keep me updated on your search.

Karen Schauble Goyette

Re: Schauble Family

Posted: 7 Mar 2010 6:07PM GMT
Just recently I happened upon a blog regarding 2 brothers. They were Douglas and Duane Dolsay. You mentioned that your fathers were in WWII together and that your mother and Jean Dolsay (Doug & Duane's mother) also came from Australia. Well about that time in early February Duane Dolsay passed away. Douglas passed in 2000. I mentioned your blog to Jean (who is my friend, she is a widow and is now 86 years old) and she remembered your dad, your mother and you. I thought your name was also Charles but she told me it was John. I could never find that February blog again. But Jean asked yesterday if I had any more news about you. I told her I didn't, but I would try to get in touch with you. That's my story. Jean doesn't have a computer so I am writing to you.
Sincerely, Clara Fahy
I'm sure she would love to hear anything about you and your family that you would want to share.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions