Search for content in message boards

Family History of Clay or Laurel County Stewarts

Family History of Clay or Laurel County Stewarts

Posted: 4 Apr 2002 8:30AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hello,

I am looking for any STEWART family history....including where are my ancestors buried? SEE BELOW. I also would LOVE any photos of my Stewart ancestors.....or any living relatives.

Thank You!
Linda Antal - cantal@cinci.rr.com

(1) WILLIAM STEWART born approx. 1835 or 1835 died ?....cemetery unknown
FRANCES "Franky" STEWART (maiden name Seaborn)......born approx. 1841-1845 died?

(2) WILLIAM STEWART born approx 1778 died ?....cemetery unknown
JANE STEWART born approx 1778 (maiden name Asher)

(3) JOHN STEWART born approx. 1800 died ? .....cemetery unknown
SARAH "Sallie" STEWART (maiden name Durham)

Re: Family History of Clay or Laurel County Stewarts

Amanda Stewart (View posts)
Posted: 1 Oct 2002 5:45PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart's
I was reading your message about the Stewart's of Clay County. My Stewarts ancestors are from Clay County. My great grandparents are Margaret Emaline (Nicholson) and Robert Stewart. He was a farmer. My grandfather's name is George Stewart and he taught school in Clay County. I have a book that my dad gave me about the Stewart's. Who knows we may be distant relatives. Please let me know if there may be a connection with our Stewart's.

Posted: 2 Oct 2002 3:02AM GMT
Edited: 8 Oct 2002 6:47PM GMT
Surnames: STEWART
Hello,

There is a strong possibility that your STEWART's & mine are from the same line. I know we have some Nicholson in our family ( I remember my Grandma speaking us this)....but other than my direct line, I don't know anything about the cousins & other off-shoots of the STEWART's. I am trying to find out!! Are my ancestors that I listed in your STEWART book? I sure would love to see that. Is it very large....can you scan it? I could email you my mailing address. I would love to know who my other cousins are....and if I can go any further back in the family tree.....and where some of my ancestors are buried. PLEASE let me know if you can help me....OK? Thank You Very Much!

(1) WILLIAM STEWART born approx. 1835 or 1835 died ?....cemetery unknown
FRANCES "Franky" STEWART (maiden name Seaborn)......born approx. 1841-1845 died?

(2) WILLIAM STEWART born approx 1778 died ?....cemetery unknown
JANE STEWART born approx 1778 (maiden name Asher)

(3) JOHN STEWART born approx. 1800 died ? .....cemetery unknown
SARAH "Sallie" STEWART (maiden name Durham)

Posted: 8 Oct 2002 6:03PM GMT
Hello I am sorry that it took me a while to get back to you on this. I do remember # 3 Sarah "Sallie" Stewart. I havent read that book in a while. But if you still want a copy of it let me know..ok?

Posted: 12 Oct 2002 12:26AM GMT
I read that book again and this is what i found on Sarah "Sallie" (Durham). Susan Sarah Nicholson (Sallie) dau of Elijah married Samuel Durham. Children -- 1)William Durham, lived on Falls Road near London and he was a farmer. 2) nSamuel Durham Jr lived near London, worked at a lumber yard and a load of lumber fell on him and killed him. 3) Mary Durham amrried John Payne and had 3 children 1 boy and 2 girls. 4) David Durham married Cordelia Sams and had 3 children -- May Durham married Jasper Hodge, Irene Durham married a Mr Brock, lived in Ohio and Lee Durham married and lived in Louisville. That was the only Sarah "Sallie" that I found in here. The only difference her last name wasnt Stewart. But it could still be a good possibility that they may be the same person. Hope this helped you some. let me know if it did.

Posted: 18 Oct 2002 3:37AM GMT
Edited: 17 Oct 2003 2:58AM GMT
Surnames: Stewart-Thomas- Bradley-Wireman-Sizemore
Hello there,
I have alot of Stewarts in my direct linage from Clay and Knott OCunty Kentucky. I am very interested in sharing info and would LOVE a copy of your book or info so I may try and find a copy if it is avalible out there somewhere. Please advise as to any help I may be able to help you with or any info I can give to you :-) TY.
Sarah

Posted: 16 Aug 2006 3:05AM GMT
Linda,

I am also from the John Stewart (m. Sarah Durham); William Stewart (m. Jane Asher) line. Would it be possible to get a copy of the book you mentioned. I would greatly appreciate any information that you can give me. My e-mail is lguzman@fit.edu

Posted: 23 Jun 2013 2:28AM GMT
I lived beside Cordelia Durham. She passed away when I was five years old in 1970. I loved her dearly and still have some of her furniture she left me at her passing. I knew Mae and Jasper Hodge too. Where did you get your information? I would love to have a copy of that book.

Bill White
per page

Find a board about a specific topic