Search for content in message boards

BLUNDELL family of Birkdale

BLUNDELL family of Birkdale

jayne (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Aug 2012 12:49PM GMT
Hi

I have a book called family and cottages of Old Birkdale and Ainsdale lancs. mentions a Blundell family from this area several references to Miles Blundell.

If u think this family are connected to your own please contact me for further info

Birkdale Blundell's

Tanya Blundell (View posts)
Posted: 17 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Blundell, Henderson, Maton, Nelson, Reesor, Forster, Fry, Sargent
Our lines go directly back to Miles Blundell of Birkdale. I would be more than happy to share any info on our tree. I have the "Old Cottages" book as well as the "Old Birkdale and Ainsdale" book.

Nelson Family

Posted: 27 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: Blundell, Henderson, Maton, Nelson, Reesor, Forster, Fry, Sargent
Jack, I wish I could help. The Nelson's have been a huge mystery. Unfortunately I have no information of the family in England. Our Nelson branch tied into the Maton one. I have quite a bit on the Maton's from England but that's about it for them. The Nelson's I'm working on immigrated to Canada.
Sorry!

Nelson family born in England

Posted: 27 May 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Apr 2003 2:44AM GMT
Surnames: Nelson

I am searching for James Nelson who was born in England, perhaps in Essex or Lancashire, in about 1664. He hadf a son Edward Nelson (b. abt 1690) who emigrated to Virginia in about 1714. Do you have either of these by chance?????

My Blundell website

Posted: 2 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 29 Sep 2004 10:56PM GMT
Surnames: Blundell
Sorry, my website didn't come up in that last message. This link is to the Blundell page of my site.

Culshaw & Marshall Families

Edited: 16 Nov 2005 4:12AM GMT
Surnames: Blundell, Marshall
Pauline, I had a look in my books for both names you mentioned. Marshall was immediately familiar to me! Our Blundell's took over Marshall's Tenement from Joseph Marshall in the early 1800's and it became known as Weathercock House! One of the daughter's down our lines married Robert Marshall and they eventually owned the farm and house. I have a pic of the Marshall cottage in the book as well as Weathercock Farm. Also, in our immediate lines, James Blundell married Ann Marshall in 1839. James is my husband's GGgrandfather.
The book says the Cullshaw family weren't native to Birkdale but appeared in the 1841 records of the area.
Have a look at my website for further info!

Birkdale

jJ JOhnson (View posts)
Surnames: Turner

What is the connection with the Turners of Birkdale, as listed in the Lancashire Research?

Birkdale

Pauline (View posts)
Surnames: MARSHALL, CULSHAW
My maiden name was CULSHAW, My mother was a MARSHALL from Birkdale. Her parents came from Birkdale.

Turner

Pauline (View posts)
Posted: 4 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: TURNER
Turner were my Gt grandparents, they lived in Birkdale 1887 till they died They had sons who lived & married there.

turner

jJ JOhnson (View posts)
Posted: 5 Oct 1999 12:00PM GMT
Surnames: TURNER

Could you tell me the sons names?, and what were the names of your G Grandparents.

I am searcing for info on a Thomas Turner married to a Margaret, 2 sons Thomas & Richard. Richard was born in Burscough. We cant find other details on the rest of the family.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

JJ
per page

Find a board about a specific topic