Search for content in message boards

FOYLE

Posted: 1 Aug 1998 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 4 Aug 2006 8:21PM GMT
Searching for information on and descendants of Martin and Mary FOYLE, Irish immigrants who settled in Heckscherville, Cass Township, around 1848 - 1850. They were members of Saint Kieran's Roman Catholic Church in Heckscherville.

The FOYLE's had six children: Bridget, Julia and William born in Ireland, and Thomas, Ellen and Mary born in Pennsylvania. Bridget, Julia and Mary's married names are not known. Thomas died in childhood (I think), Ellen FOYLE's married name is Ellen CLARK, and she had two children: Eugene and Mary, and William, my great-great-grandfather, married Ellen BRENNAN (daughter of Patrick and Margaret DAILEY BRENNAN) and raised their family in Heckscherville.

William and Ellen FOYLE had 7 children that survived to adulthood: Martin (married Teresa O'NEILL), Mary (married John SWEENEY), Margaret (married James BAMBRICK), Julia (married Bernard QUINN), Patrick, Thomas, and Rose (married Patrick BRENNAN).

Martin FOYLE, my great-grandfather, was Assistant Superintendent of Schuylkill County schools, at the time of his death in a car accident on March 5, 1929. He was a member of Division 12 Ancient Order of Hibernians (A.O.H.)formerly of Heckscherville.

My ultimate goal is to figure out from which county/town in Ireland the FOYLE family emmigrated.

I would like to hear from anyone with connections to the Heckscherville FOYLE's. I am also interested in obtaining information on the Division 12 of the A.O.H.. Please email me at kevifratz@yahoo.com
Posted: 19 Mar 2006 3:47AM GMT
Surnames: Bamrick
I hope this reaches you. I am writing about the James Bamrick that you mentioned in your posting. Do you know if they left PA and moved west to possibly Nebraska?

I am working on a Bamrick family in NE.

Thanks for your help.
Kathy

Re: FOYLE

Posted: 30 Mar 2006 1:29PM GMT
Edited: 4 Aug 2006 8:21PM GMT
Hi, Kathy. The James Bambrick mentioned in my FOYLE posting lived and died in Schuylkill County, PA. I know that many of his children moved to the Philadelphia area, but I am not aware of anyone moving to Nebraska.

Here is an email address for Frank Bambrick (fbambrick@fast.net) He is related to the Bambricks of Heckscherville, PA and may be able to provide you with some information.

Posted: 30 Mar 2006 3:02PM GMT
Edited: 1 Jun 2006 1:37AM GMT
Surnames: Bamrick, O'Melia
Thank you so much for the information.

I am sure there were more than one Bamrick family in PA but since the older generation of those on which I am working were born in PA I thought it was worth a try.

Were there any O'Melia's attached to this family?

You can answer to my email address: JBruce4@aol.com

Kathy
Posted: 4 Apr 2011 11:50PM GMT
you have a john sweeney listed as having married mary foyle what other information do you have on john, because is name comes on the tree with a daughter ester who marries into a branch on my tree.
catherine wilkinson
please email back would like to see what you have/and the same with me

Posted: 7 Apr 2011 5:09PM GMT
Surnames: Sweeney, Foyle
I don't have a lot of information about the John Sweeney who married my g-grandfather's sister, Mary Foyle. I do know that John and Mary had several children, but they did not have a daughter named Esther.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions