Search for content in message boards

Hodges--Texas(Dallas area)

Hodges--Texas(Dallas area)

Posted: 29 Jun 2000 6:53PM GMT
Edited: 31 Jul 2001 12:50AM GMT
Im looking for decendants of Marie Hodges (Simmon),Maye Hodges (Crawford),Eula Hodges(Harmon),Earl Hoges,Ernest Hodges,Robert Hodges.Their mother was Millie Betty Pettigrew(Hodges).They lived in Mesquite, or Dallas Texas around 1900,and forward.---Contact me at marksands@home.com ,have alot of info,on a part of the family,you thought lost.

Richard Sim Hodges

Posted: 2 Jul 2000 6:57PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 4:03AM GMT
I am also looking for Hodges...Dallas Co.
Richard S. Hodges-believed to be in Dallas Co., Hutchins, Texas
in 1900. Was married 3 times...1st-Mary
Francis Brannan, 2nd-Fannie BellCarver,
3rd-Hettie C. Carver. Do you have any information
relating to this family. Many thanks,
Ann Perry Hodges

Richard Sim Hodges

Gail Nerby (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2000 9:32AM GMT
Hello Ann,
I think we are related. My great grandfather, Sim Richard Hodges, was born December 8, 1875 in Mississippi, but spent much of his life in Texas. His first wife was Mary Dallas Elizabeth Hawley (called Molly). Sim and Molly had 17 children (one of them was fanny Belle). Molly died in 1948 in Quanah, Texas and Sim remarried (second wife Bonnie). Sim Richard Hodges died in 1970 at the age of 94 in Quanah, Texas. Sim's father was R. S. Hodges (possibly Richard Sim). The family migrated to Texas (date unknown). I have been told that R. C. Hodges raised three families (three wives). I have also been told that one of his descendants (from his second or third family) has done quite a lot of genealogical research on our Hodges family. And, I have been told I have cousins in the Gatesville area and in the Texas Panhandle.
Please contact me.
Gail
M-G-Nerby@juno.com

Richard Sim Hodges

Gail Nerby (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2000 9:35AM GMT
Hello Ann,
I think we are related. My great grandfather, Sim Richard Hodges, was born December 8, 1875 in Mississippi, but spent much of his life in Texas. His first wife was Mary Dallas Elizabeth Hawley (called Molly). Sim and Molly had 17 children (one of them was Fanny Belle). Molly died in 1948 in Quanah, Texas and Sim remarried (second wife Bonnie). Sim Richard Hodges died in 1970 at the age of 94 in Quanah, Texas. Sim's father was R. S. Hodges (possibly Richard Sim). The family migrated to Texas (date unknown). I have been told that R. C. Hodges raised three families (three wives). I have also been told that one of his descendants (from his second or third family) has done quite a lot of genealogical research on our Hodges family. And, I have been told I have cousins in the Gatesville area and in the Texas Panhandle.
Please contact me.
Gail
M-G-Nerby@juno.com

Richard Sim Hodges

Posted: 6 Nov 2000 7:28PM GMT
Edited: 4 Jul 2001 4:03AM GMT
Hello there,
Yep, sounds like we are related!!
Have sent you an email!!
Hope we can share lots of info..
Thanks,
Ann

Hodges in Dallas Co.

Posted: 12 Feb 2001 3:55AM GMT
Edited: 27 Jun 2001 1:17PM GMT
I am searching for HOdges' in Dallas Co. also. My Hodges' come from AR, TN, OK. My great grandfather, Oliver D. lived in Dallas and raised his family there. His children are: Edith Hodges Stallcup, Dorothy Hodges Johns, Alfred Harvey and Ralph Seth (twins) Alfred is my grandfather, Elsie Hodges Patterson and Bill (William). If anyone has any information on this Hodges line, I would greatly appreciate it. I'm not having much luck. Thanks!! Mary

Richard Sim Hodges

Sharon (View posts)
Posted: 25 Mar 2001 4:01PM GMT
Richard Sim Hodges and Hettie C. Carver Hodges was my grandparents. Jap Johnson Hodges was my father and their son. My grandmother died in 1947 in Amarillo, Tx. She had an older sister, Fannie Bell who was married to Richard Sim and bore him 16 children. He had 4 children with Hettie. His first wife was Mary Brannen and I believe he had 4 children with her. Don't know too much about the first wife. I think she was a bonded servant from England. I have a marriage license around here somewhere for them that I am trying to find.I was told the Carver girls came from Tennessee, but that is all I know about them. Sharon

Re: Hodges--Texas(Dallas area)

Posted: 30 Jun 2010 10:53PM GMT
Classification: Query
my name is lisa hodges & my family is from the dallas area of tx. i do not know anything about the hodges side of my linage, i am the grand-daughter of olin gober sr.you can respond to me @ ibleggz@yahoo.com. any info you might be able to provide me would be appreciated.

Re: Richard Sim Hodges

Posted: 11 Jul 2010 10:45PM GMT
Surnames: Hodges
Sharon,
We were in contact about 10 years ago. If you see this please contact me.
Gail Nerby
mandgn@gmail.com

Re: Richard Sim Hodges

Posted: 8 Sep 2012 5:19PM GMT
My grandmother, Winnie Mae Hodges, was the daughter of Richard Sims Hodges. She was the daughter of his second wife ( possibly 3rd ), Hettie Carver. My grandmother was born in Coreyell County, Texas ( now Gatesville) in 1912. Richard Sims Hodges, apparently left his wife, Fannie, to marry her younger sister Hettie. He was quite an interesting fellow!
I have heard that he was from the Mississippi area and settled in Coreyell County in or around 1900.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions