Search for content in message boards

Where is Rebecca's family????

Where is Rebecca's family????

Posted: 14 Jan 2004 2:57AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Peace Chapman Jay Herion
Rebecca Peace was born about 1767? in MA., PA. or VA. She married John Chapman in 1788 in Maysville, Mason Co., Kentucky. She had a brother named Nathaniel that gave her a silver snuff box when he went the Revolutionary War.

That's all I know about Rebecca before her marriage to John. John was the son of Thomas Chapman and Margaret Mitchell Verity of Bucks CO. PA, grandson of Abraham Chapman and Susan Olden and g-grandson of John Chapman & Jane Sadler, who were among the first white settlers of Bucks County and founder of the Bucks County Monthly Meeting of the Quakers.

John & Rebecca moved on to Adams County Ohio and raised 10 children. John died in 1838 in Meigs Twp., Adams Co. I don't have death date for Rebecca.

Many of their children stayed in Ohio, others moved on to Indiana.

Rebecca has been a brick wall for to long. If any one can connect,something sounds familiar or can maybe give me an idea of where the Peace family started in America, I would really appreciate it. I have a lot of history on Rebecca and John's descendents, especially Joseph Peace Chapman's line. Would so love to make this connection. This line also has a Jay family connection.

Thank You
Bobbye

Re: Where is Rebecca's family????

Posted: 1 Mar 2010 5:59PM GMT
Bobbye

I am the Brach Manager for the Chapman Family Association's John Chapman and Jane Sadler Chapman. I am descended from Henry Chapman John's brother. Part of my job is to collect all Chapman information on this family. I assumed this job last summer, and am still working on gathering data. I hope to have more information after our Chapman Family Association meeting in St. Louis in June 2010. I might be able to offer you more on your Peace request afther that. Do you have any documentation of Thomas Chapman's wife Margaret Mitchell Verity, as I am struggling on this one. Many refer to her as Margaret Mitchell, and some refer to her as Margaret Verity. Many using one or the other women have gone in different directions. Would appreciate any documentation you might have. I belive Thomas died in Mason Co. Ky, or Adams Co. Ohio. Some show him in Tenn. I am currently reviewing a lot on John Chapman and Jane Sadler Chapman, and have pictures of Abraham's home in Bucks Co.which is being restored. Would be glad to correspond with you.

Re: Where is Rebecca's family????

Posted: 9 Feb 2012 7:37PM GMT
Surnames: Chapman/Murphy/Peace
Please add me to the list of those following this. Their daughter Mary married Andrew Murphy and they lived in Highland County. Andrew is buried at Red Key Cemetery but according to find a grave Mary is not. They died before 1838 as I have a copy of the guardianship bestowed upon Thomas McQuitty/McQuilty on her behalf.
Debe
per page

Find a board about a specific topic