Search for content in message boards

Military registers again

Military registers again

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 4:45PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Registers
In going over corrections I have run into a problem with the Militery date heading.I have input the date as written on the pageex: 09 May 98 They are allhigh lighed forcorrection. It says "The value must be between 1 & 31" ??? What am I supposed to do. I will start next page and await a response soI can correct. Thank you

Re: Military registers again

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 5:05PM GMT
The leading zero on the day should be dropped, so you should just key it as 9 instead of 09, but that wouldn't explain the problem you are having. Are you using a PC or a Mac, please? And if you close the keying tool and reopen it, does the same thing still happen?

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 5:41PM GMT
Ok I solved the date problem, now I can't change the page after all the corrections. It's higlighting for another name, and stating I need to review fields. the only ones its pointing to are the blank ones ready for the next page. it won't let me clear it out. I am getting frustrated.

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 5:54PM GMT
Not sure whether you saw my questions in my previous post:

Are you using a PC or a Mac, please? And if you close the keying tool and reopen it, does the same thing still happen?

Posted: 8 Feb 2013 6:39PM GMT
Not sure I understand but I take it that you have finished keying one page of two pages and you can't get to the next page. Could it be you have too many blank lines at the end that are red after all of your keying? If so, delete those blank red lines. Hope that's all it is!
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions