Search for content in message boards

st marys church haslingden baptismal records

st marys church haslingden baptismal records

Posted: 5 Oct 2012 8:57PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 7 Oct 2012 3:46PM GMT
Surnames: grieco
need helpt in accessing baptismal records for st marys church haslingden for the grieco family in the 1950's. how do i access these?

Re: baptismal records

Posted: 7 Oct 2012 2:00PM GMT
Classification: Birth
hi
re the Grieco Family

Michael Guiseppe Grieco birth 1945
Maria Filomena Grieco birth 1951
Teresa Grieco birth 1949

all births registers Rawtenstall,
Mothers maiden name Banks for all

registers kept at Preston lancashire

Re: st marys church haslingden baptismal records

Posted: 9 Oct 2012 9:30AM GMT
Hi
re Grieco

There are no registers for the RC church in Haslingden on OPC site, only Church of England & Methodists

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 12:32AM GMT
thank you for your reply. could you tell me where i go from here i am searching for records for myself and siblings.
michael
teresa
maria
anne ( me ) i have been trying to find the babtismal reords as recently my sister and myself while going through old family records found something which made us think we may have not been batised in the rc church even though after coming to australia we continued our educated ath the catholic school

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 10:37AM GMT
Classification: Birth
Hi

I found the baptisms on a site, (Lancahsire Births Marriages & Deaths) all three were baptised in Rawtenstall Lancashire, which is just about 2 miles from Haslingden, and the maiden name of Mother being Banks.
All that I could recommend would be to send for birth certificates, which I think are stored at Preston Lancashire, these certs cost £9.00 ( Nine Pounds each total cost 27 Pounds & maybe postal charge's)

If you want to find the marriage the Mother Banks let me know if you have a date, it would seem that she prbable married a Itallian ex prisoner of war in the late 1940s

regards James

Posted: 10 Oct 2012 12:23PM GMT
Classification: Marriage
Surnames: banks, grieco
please excuse me butting in... just one marriage..

Name: Giuseppe Grieco
Spouse Surname: Annie Banks
Date of Registration: Oct-Nov-Dec 1948
Registration district: Haslingden
Inferred County: Lancashire
Volume Number: 10c
Page Number: 649

this is available from the GRO, online @ £9.25 (GBP) all inclusive of world wide postage - should shown each of their fathers names + their occupations, address etc

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 10:28PM GMT
Thanks James I have the birth dates and marriage certs. as I am the youngest daughter of Annie Banks. yes you are right my mum did marry an Italian pow. Guiseppe Grieco and they used to run the cafe on Blackburn Road Haslingden which they solf in 1957 when we came to Australia. I have been chasing olf photos of the cafe but no luck there. I was asking about the baptisim as we found some old paperwork that seem to contridict what we knew. Both parents have been dead for a while now.Would you be able to help me get info on where in haslingden my dad would have been held a pow. the only link I have is an address I found which is camp 200 pow llanover place abeagavenny but my mum met my dad in Haslingden or so I thought. Thanks Anne

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 10:07AM GMT

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 10:58AM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Hi asouthons

Re Guiseppe Crieco

Surfing through Ask Jeeves I found the following

The Wartime memories project - LLadover Park POw camp 200.

There is a email section that you could follow for names of Italian POWs 1944/46, the camp also had German prisoners.

Give it try maybe someone would have known Guiseppe, let me know if you find any info

regards James

Posted: 12 Oct 2012 11:26AM GMT
Classification: Marriage
HI Again

Re Annie Banks Marriage, spouse Guiseppe Crieco. They were married at Hyndburn Registry Office 1948. Maybe this was Annie wasn't of the same religion.

Regards James
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions