Search for content in message boards

John Elsworth Stewart--ca. 1887, Fort Wayne, Allen, Indiana

John Elsworth Stewart--ca. 1887, Fort Wayne, Allen, Indiana

Posted: 15 Apr 2002 6:32PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 8 Jul 2013 11:01PM GMT
Surnames: Stewart
Looking for the family of John Elsworth Stewart, born 29 Sep 1887 in Fort Wayne, Allen, Indiana, according to his draft registration. Was living in Butte, Montana in 1920. can find no other record of his existence prior to that. 1917. Would appreciate any suggestions.

Re: John Elsworth Stewart--ca. 1893, Indiana

Posted: 14 Jan 2005 4:16AM GMT
Surnames: Bunten, Hutton, Stewart, McClananchan, Lowri, Stoops, Allen
Don't know if this will tie in or not. I have a Patrick Stewart who was married to Lucy Allen. He came to Quebec, Canada with his parents John and Mary in 1822. He was born in County Entrim, Ireland. In 1848-1849 they moved to Allen Co IN. Their children were Mary A, Thomas (died in Andersonville prison during the Civil War), Frances Jane (all born in Quebec), Emma Jane, William Andrew, Charles, Richard, John and Andrew (all except John were born in Ft Wayne..John was born in Quebec.) In April 1869 after the death of his wife, he moved to Eskridge, KS. At this time, I don't know of any brothers or sisters of Patrick. It might be that he had siblings and they stayed in IN and the John Elsworth Stewart could be a grandchild of one of Patrick's brothers. That would put them in the same age range of Patrick's grandchildren by George and Frances (Fanny) Jane Stewart Hutton who are in my direct line.

Kay

Randy Rubel (View posts)
Posted: 19 Feb 2005 7:44PM GMT
Hello Kay, This is Randy Rubel in Tennessee. I exchanged information with you many years ago on the Stewarts. It is very good to see your posting. I am sorry but I just read it today. How are you doing?? Have you been able to find out anything on the Allen's? I had the governmant put up a headstone for Thomas Stewart at Florence, S. Carolina. He was captured at Atlanta, GA by the Confederates and sent to Andersonville. He was later sent to Florence, where he died from disease. I would love to hear from you. Bye!

Kbusch118 (View posts)
Posted: 20 Feb 2005 4:53AM GMT
Surnames: Bunten, Hutton, Stewart, Allen
Hello Randy, Yes it has been a long time. I'm just getting back into all this after about 12 years. Do you have a pic of Thomas in his Union uniform? I have one I can email you. I watched a special the other night on the History Channel about Andersonville and Florence. Good man for getting the marker for him. No, I haven't made any process with the Allens. I will email you. Kay
per page

Find a board about a specific topic