Search for content in message boards

Harper/Murtaugh Genealogy

Harper/Murtaugh Genealogy

Michael R. Schneider (View posts)
Posted: 21 Aug 2006 7:25PM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: Harper/Murtaugh
I have been looking for information on my great-grandfather and great grandmother. I have sent several inquiries to people listed in your "lookup" tab. My messages are returned because the addresses aren't current. Could you pass this inquiry to the appropriate person?

General info: My mother is Elizabeth Jane Harper; her father was Henry Peter Harper.

My great grandfather was Albert George Harper, Genesee County, NY, b. 1841, d. 1898. His first wife, from Grafton, OH, was named Mary ? The info I have, indicates that she was born abt. 1850 and died abt. 1871. Not sure whether she died in PA or OH. I know they lived in the Oil City, Cornplanter Twp, Venango, PA, area. Can't find definitive burial info. I know they had at least two daughters, Emma and Mary. Both were "disowned" by my great GM in her will (I have a copy).

His second wife, my great GM, was Ann Rose Murtaugh, Elyria, Lorain, OH, b. 1850, d. 1924. Her parents were Peter and Mary (?)Murtaugh. They lived in Kane City/Kaneville, Cornplanter Twp, Venango, PA. A. G. and A. R . are interred in the family grave site, St.Joseph's/Grove Hill Cemetery, my home town, Oil City, Venango, PA. They were married in the 1871 time frame. He served with I Co, 8th Infantry Regiment Ohio Volunteer (mustered out Aug 1861). Both were prominent in the PA Oil Region as producers. Their specialty was nitroglycerin torpedoes.

Can you help me out with identifying "Mary Harper" first wife: maiden name, POB, DOB, Date of marriage? Is there any further info on Ann Rose Murtaugh family.I would appreciate any further info on A.G. Harper. I believe his family was in Wattsburg, Erie, PA, at the time he was in OH.

I would really appreciate any guidance you may be able to offer.

Michael R. Schneider
Fayetteville, NC
910-822-6677

Re: Harper/Murtaugh Genealogy

Posted: 25 Aug 2006 8:40PM GMT
Mike -

Never supply your full name, address or phone number on any message board or BLOG.

It's a good source for identity theft.

Posted: 6 Sep 2006 3:40AM GMT
Michael

I have access to Elyria papers and I found an article from 1884 about Mary Ellen Harper vs. John Murtaugh regarding land that was owned by Peter Murtaugh. Would you like a copy?

Norma

Michael R. Schneider (View posts)
Posted: 6 Sep 2006 1:33PM GMT
Surnames: Harper/Murtaugh
I was aware of this article, but have not read it. Mary Harper may be a daughter of my great grandfather. Yes, I would like a copy. Can you email it? Peter Murtaugh was a great great grandfather and John may be his brother or son. Lacking info on the family of Peter Murtaugh, his daughter Ann Rose (Murtaugh) Harper was my great grandmother.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions