Search for content in message boards

Kukli

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 8:19PM GMT
Classification: Query
I'm trying to determine what village in Russian Lithuania my g-g-grandfather, Frank Tarejla, immigrated from around 1900. He had simply written Vilna (the Russian gubernia) on all of his American documentation.

I have found a bunch of other Tarejla/Tareila/Tareilo's from "Kukli," which leads me to believe he likely was as well.

Anyone have any information about Kukli? Where it is today, whether or not it was in the Russian province of Vilna, and if I could try and locate records about my grandfather from there.

Thanks,

Jennifer

Re: Kukli

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 10:02AM GMT
Kukliai. There are 4 villages in Lithuania with such name.

Posted: 28 Jan 2013 8:11PM GMT
Jennifer,

Here is a URL for a Wikipedia map of the Vilna gubernia.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vilna_Governorate

I will check my map index tonnight to see if i can figure out which of the four villages would have beeen in the Vilna/Vilnius/Wilno gubernia.

Tom S.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 3:26AM GMT
I checked the four village locations. The ones in Lazdijai. rajonas and Zarasai rajonas were NOT in the former Vilna gubernia.

The other two village were in the Vilna gubernia. One is located 9 kilometers NNW of S^venc^ioneliai, The other is 14 kilometers NE of Varena in the southeast portion of Lithuania.

Tom S.

Posted: 29 Jan 2013 7:56AM GMT
my guess is: Kukliai village, Jakenai parish, Varena district.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | Terms and Conditions