Search for content in message boards

Heaton Cemetery

Heaton Cemetery

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 11:01AM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 1 Dec 2012 3:04PM GMT
I was wondering if anyone can help me. I am after a burial plan of the Heaton Cemetery. I have found out that my G G Grandparents are both buried there in plot 1A V1 59 and since my G G Grandfather was a priest I was wondering if this was a special area of the cemetery as all the other burial listed on both pages are for area 2 or 3. Thanks in advance. Lorin Walker (walkerlorin@yahoo.com.au)

Re: Heaton Cemetery

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 1:39PM GMT
Classification: Lookup
Edited: 1 Dec 2012 3:06PM GMT
Hi Lorin

Heaton Cemetery is in Gilnow Road, Bolton BL1 4LH. However no records are kept on site. All enquiries re grave plots/records/cemetery maps should be made to:

Bolton Crematorium
Overdale Drive
Off Chorley New Road
Bolton BL1 5BU

telephone: 01204 334499

email: overdalecrematorium@bolton.gov.uk

You must give them all the information you have, name, date of death/burial plot number etc. before they will look for you. There may be a charge for this service.

Regards
Sue Thompson, Liverpool

Posted: 1 Dec 2012 2:07PM GMT
If you register with Deceased Online (which I have just done) they have now recorded all burials at Heaton Cemetery. There is a free search but you need to buy credits to view further information. I've discovered two family graves and been able to print off a map off the cemetery which shows where your graves are. Hope this helps.

Stephanie

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 4:28AM GMT
Edited: 2 Dec 2012 10:52PM GMT
Hi Stephanie, I accessed Deceased Online last night for the first time and was able to find the burial details for my g g grandparents, however this morning I am trying extensively to find the map reference and nothing has been attached to them. Are you able to send me a copy of your map so I can see the locations? Kind Regards Lorin Walker (walkerlorin@yahoo.com.au)

Posted: 2 Dec 2012 4:29AM GMT
Thanks for your reply Sue. I will look into sending them an email if I can't find a map. Kind Regards Lorin Walker
per page

Find a board about a specific topic