Search for content in message boards

Job Cole & Sarah Reaves of Massachusetts and Maine

Job Cole & Sarah Reaves of Massachusetts and Maine

Posted: 25 Jan 2005 10:39PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 11 Jul 2005 4:15PM GMT
Surnames: Cole, Reaves
I'm looking for anyone -- especially descendents -- with any additional information on Job Cole and Sarah Reaves.

Job, b. 1725 in Duxbury, Mass., is the son of Ephraim and Sarah (West) Cole. He married Sarah Reaves of (and in) Cumberland (town), Cumberland Co., Maine, in 1748. Their children include:

Susannah (1749/-50), Mary (1751), Elizabeth (1754), Samuel (1756), Sarah (1759), Benjamin (1761), Hannah (1764), [Lydia? (1770?)], William (1770), Rebecca (1773) and Rhoda (1775).

Job joined the First Church of North Yarmouth, Maine, in 1747. It appears that most of the children were christened there, as well.

"Job Coal" is in Lewiston, Maine, by the 1790 census.

Re: Job Cole & Sarah Reaves of Massachusetts and Maine

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 8:45PM GMT
I'm interested in this family. Wonder if you are still reading this thread.

nancy :-)

Posted: 11 Oct 2012 9:50PM GMT
The wonderful thing about these threads is that they seem to go on in perpetuity.

I'm a descendant (I believe through Rebecca, but I'd have to check my notes at home [I'm at work at the moment]) on my mother's side.

Please feel free to contact me via e-mail at dsdrane@gmail.com, and I'll be happy to share whatever might be useful.

Best regards,

David

Posted: 10 Mar 2013 6:37AM GMT
Hello! I am related to Job Cole through his son Samuel (1756). Ephraim, Job's father, came from Massachusetts and is descended from James Cole of Plymouth. I have more information but am away from my records at the moment. Any idea where Job Cole is buried? His son, Samuel and grandson Samuel are buried outside of Lewiston. John Hastings
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | New Privacy | New Terms and Conditions