Search for content in message boards

Ventry Cemetery-Steen Family

Ventry Cemetery-Steen Family

Maureen (View posts)
Posted: 2 Oct 2004 10:42AM GMT
Classification: Query
Hoping some kind person can help.
I am interested in the Steen Family buried at Ventry Cemetery, especially a Catherine and Robert Steen, and of couse any issue that may be connected.

Can anyone tell me if there is a transcription of this cemetery or of any local history books that may mention this family.

Thank you
Maureen

Re: Ventry Cemetery-Steen Family

Ron Milford (View posts)
Posted: 8 Oct 2004 6:15AM GMT
Surnames: STEEN-MILFORD
Maureen; I have a paper file on the STEEN family. Email me with more details and I'll look through the papers and see if I can help you.

Ron

rmilford@shaw.ca

Posted: 18 Nov 2012 1:44AM GMT
Nov. 17, 2012

Maureen:
My name is Delbert Fowler. I have been the secretary of Ventry Cemetery for the past 20 years.
Yes there is a Robert and Mrs Steen buried in Ventry Cemetery.
However, the only information on their monument is that Robt. was born in 1810 and died Oct. 4, 1899. There are no details about Mrs. Steen at all.
Ventry Cemetery was opened in 1879 and the Steens' are buried in the first row very close to the starting point. There is a history of the former Proton Township, now Southgate, but there is no reference to the Steens that I can find.Their monument is one of the old limestone ones and the engraving is getting faint.
I'm not sure this will give you much help but it is all that I have.
Delbert Fowler

Steen Family, ONT

Posted: 19 Nov 2012 6:07PM GMT
Classification: Death
Surnames: STEEN
CO-INCIDENCE??

Name: Robert Steen
Death Date: 3 Oct 1899
Death County or District: Grey
OLD AGE
Estimated Birth Year: abt 1831
Birth Location: Ireland

Posted: 8 Jan 2013 8:57PM GMT
Surnames: Steen Robert
Jan. 8, 2013
For the past 20 years I have held the records of Ventry Cemetery. The monument states Robert lived from 1810 - Oct 4, 1899. However, the original township records show, 1831 - Oct. 3, 1899, 68 years. He was a native from Ireland. There is no data on the monument or in the records about Mrs. Steen. However, from exploring the old Proton Township records they list her name as Alisa and that she was born in 1832 and died May 7, 1905, age 72. Cause of both was listed as "old age". Robert's address at the time of his death was on Concession 2, Proton Township. Alisa'a address at the time of her death was noted as Lot 42, Concession 6, Proton Township. Dr. Frank Martin was the attending physician for both of them. We have no other information about them and nothing is noted in either of the books compiled about Proton History
per page

Find a board about a specific topic

• Visit our other sites:

© 1997-2014 Ancestry.com | Corporate Information | Privacy | Terms and Conditions