Search for content in message boards

MARTIN/DAVIS

MARTIN/DAVIS

Posted: 13 Jun 1999 12:00PM GMT
Classification: Query
Edited: 28 Jun 2003 4:02PM GMT
Surnames: MARTIN, DAVIS

Seeking parents of WILLIAM MARTIN, born c1803 in VA , and his wife NANCY W. DAVIS, born 1798 in VA. records show that they were in Albemarle county before leaving for Missouri in 1835. Their youngest son Robert CARTER MARTIn was born in Albemarle County. They left the area in 1835. WILLIAM MARTIN died in Mississippi in 1835. His widow and children continued to Missouri. Several of his sons became Baptist Ministers in Missouri. WILLIAM MARTIN was on the 1830 census of Albemarle County.

Martin to Missouri

Posted: 1 Mar 2001 12:00PM GMT
Edited: 22 Jun 2001 2:47PM GMT
Surnames: MARTIN, BURTON
I was reading the Martin messages and seen yours. We possibly are looking in the same family. I have a James Martin b; est.1780 married to Caroline Burton B;1784. Their children are Edward B;1803, William, Elizabeth, Caroline,Cynthia, Oliver, Francis,Sarah, and Thomas. All of the children were born in Va. The family moved to Warren County Missouri 1830, except William and Elizabeth. This is from the Pioneer Families of Missouri. William could have join them later.

Re: Martin to Missouri

Posted: 2 Dec 2001 3:46AM GMT
Edited: 13 Nov 2003 6:37PM GMT
Surnames: Martin, Tooley
I have a James Martin b. 1785 in Albemarle Co. VA. His parents were John and Anna Nancy (Tooley). His brothers and sisters: Ann Martin; Dabney Martin; Sarah Martin; Celia Martin: Alice Martin: Simeon"Jim" Martin; Cassie Martin and Kinsey Martin, all born in the same county. Some of there decedents ended up on Missouri. I would continue, if you think there is a connnection.

Sheila

Posted: 2 Dec 2001 4:04AM GMT
I do have a James Martin in my file Unfortunately I havent proved or disproved his relationship to my Martins.
His Name is James Martin (Campell Co. VA.) Married to Caroline Burton B: 1784 in Amherst, Virginia. They were Married abt. 1800 and had Children: Edward , Joseph, April 10, 1803,William , Elizabeth, Caroline W., Cynthia P, Oliver W. , Fannces A. ,Sarah, and Thomas J. About 1815 they moved on to Waren County Missouri. Anything there connect, Otherwise my Edward went to Ohio and on to Iowa where my Grandfather was born in Keokuk Iowa.

anne webe (View posts)
Posted: 6 Oct 2002 10:31PM GMT
You have Caroline Burton married to James Martin. Do you have further info on the Burton family? I am interested in William Burton. He and Caroline were the children of William and Frances Burton according to a will for William Burton dated November 3, 1810.

Posted: 6 Oct 2002 11:21PM GMT
Edited: 28 Jun 2003 4:02PM GMT
No, I have no other information about the Burtons. Sorry.

Jimmy R. Martin (View posts)
Posted: 6 Nov 2002 12:10AM GMT
Surnames: Martin, Coffman, Deweese, and others
Hi
I am the GGGrandson of Henry H. Martin Son of Dabney James Martin. I am interested in any info you would have on the history of the family. I have been researching for about a year and only resently foud Henry H. Martin married Elizabeth Deweese in crawford Co., Missouri in 1841. Any info would be of great help. Thanks in advance. Jimmy R. Martin

Posted: 7 Nov 2002 6:38PM GMT
Thanks for your reply.

Did you attend the Martin Reunion in Steelville this year?

Posted: 7 Nov 2002 7:08PM GMT
Jimmy,

Since your have the last name Martin, I am assuming that Henry H. had sons?

The only child I have for him is:

Cynthia Ann Martin b. Nov 14, 1847.

Henry H. had a brother Simeon Jordan, known in Crawford County as "Jordan".

Henry H. wife, Elizabeth, (was a sister to Frances DeWeese)
They were married april 8, 1841.

Please reply with your fathers, Grandfathers and GGrandfathers info that you may have. The other Martins who have been researching will be thrilled to learn of yet another "Cousin".

Sheila

Jimmy R. Martin (View posts)
Posted: 10 Nov 2002 12:35AM GMT
HI,
Henry's children that I know of are
B. B. Martin, male, abt 1845
Cynthia, female, abt 1849
Lucinda, female, abt 1851
Simeon, male, abt 1857
Martha Jane Martin, female, Sep 6, 1859
William Henry Martin, male, Jan 2, 1862 d Oct 11, 1929
Buried in Floyds Chappel Cemetery, Crockett Co. Tn. along with his wife.

I am desended from William, who married Sarah Catherine Coffman, July 9, 1883 in washington Co.,Mo.
They moved to Crocket Co., Tenn in 1911 forging the Mississippi near Dyersburg Tenn. in a mule drawn wagon.
They had 12 children, one of them being my grandfather.He also had 12 children, one of they being my father who had 9 children

Children of Willian are Goldie, Hester, John Robert, John Henry, Walter H., Bessie Lee, Jesse B. Lucy J., Silas Job, Lawrence W., twins Harry Franklin, and Carrie E. Harry was my grandfather and married Janie Tennessee Cleek in Crockett Co. Tennessee.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic