Search for content in message boards

Jesse J. Jernigan, aka "Brick Wall" HELP!!!

Jesse J. Jernigan, aka "Brick Wall" HELP!!!

Brandy (View posts)
Posted: 3 Jan 2005 6:17AM GMT
Classification: Query
Surnames: JERNIGAN TRAWICK
I have looked for 5 YEARS for this man's family, need help! Jesse J (possibly Jackson) Jernigan, born Nov 1876 in Nokomis/Pollard/Atmore area of Escambia, Alabama. Married Jessie Trawick about 1904. Who, oh please tell me, WHO are his parents???

This man is NOT related to Franklin Pierce, and is most likely NOT the son of the Jesse Jernigan who was born in 1808, as he was born in 1876. Family oral history give father's name as Benjamin. Jesse J. does not appear anywhere until the 1900 census. Possibly Creek or Cherokee blood, cannot confirm without more info....

Feel free to post here or write directly. Thank you for any help offered.....B!

$$ well spent!!!

Posted: 4 Feb 2005 1:46AM GMT
Edited: 8 Apr 2005 3:20PM GMT
Surnames: JERNIGAN, BARNES
Well, I got the SS-5 for Mr. Brick Wall, in only 30 days.
States his father is Benjamin, and mother Mary BARNES. Now, after the 50 Jesse's, I need to plow thru the 500 Benjamin's!!!
The form does say Benjamin D., but could that be a typo, as he misstated his date of birth as well? Could be R, B, E, O.... oh, well, best to begin with the obvious!!!
Thanks, all,
B!

Re: Jesse J. Jernigan, aka "Brick Wall" HELP!!!

Posted: 31 Mar 2005 10:17PM GMT
Edited: 12 May 2005 2:51PM GMT
Not related, just volunterring. Gotta love those brick walls- we all have them!!!

In looking at your post, just a suggestion and a clue:

WW1 Draft Registration Card
1918, Pensacola, Escambia, Florida
JERNIGAN, Jesse Jackson
b. Nov. 27, 1876
carpenter
wife, Jessie Jernigan

You were right on middle name guess. Are you looking in AL when FL may be the place? 1920 census he lists self b. FL, father b. AL, mother b. FL. I too had no luck looking arounnd 1900 census for parents and him. Perhaps someone else will.

Hope this helps a little. Never give up. Good luck.

Posted: 7 Jun 2005 8:43PM GMT
Surnames: JERNIGAN BARNES
yeah, i wonder about these people.... The info I have found on Benjamin "B.D." states he was born in Santa Rosa, FL!!

Also, altho listed in 1900 census with the wife Mary E. Barnes and 2 of 3 children at home, the only marriage record I can find is to a Nancy Barnes in 1881, after Jesse was born.... so is Jesse a bastard, or B.D. a bigamist?
sigh... family!
B!

Posted: 9 Feb 2009 2:52AM GMT
Surnames: Jernigan, Williamson, Crowley,
Hello, I am the wife of John Richard Jernigan (b 7-14-62); my name is Lillian. I have begun a trace on his family also and am having problems due to the fact that his family would never talk about their ancestors and didn't care about the geneology linage. I have only the following info, but would be glad to share anything I can. You may contact me at LilJernigan@charter.net. I have only a 30 membership and will not be on here after that.

Anyway, this is what I have.

John Richard Jernigan b. 7-14-62, m. Lillian Dalton 2-14-86
Brothers: Randy , Ray and Jimmy (more info later on these)
Father: John Albert Jernigan m. Shirley Ann Crowley in
Evergreen, AL
John Albert's Father: James Albert Jernigan m. Essie Merle
Williams, (I beleive married in Evergreen also)
John Albert's siblings: Jack and Jake b. 1941(?) (not sure if there were any more, but I don't remember them)
James Albert div. Essie Merle in Evergreen and left her with the twins, Jack and Jake. He then went to Whistler, AL, just outside of Mobile and remarried; to whom I do not know. He did own a hardware store there. They wouldn't or couldn't give me any information. This family is a very disrupted family. The family in Whistler was as bad about distancing themselves as the Jernigans are today. We believe there were 4 brothers, including James Albert and/or his father (?) who split in VA and settled in various states. Currently, we live in Paris, TN and have found yet what seems to be possibly one of the brothers line. They moved here and established a family and home beginning in 1822. I have all of the information from their headstones. Thomas Jernigan is a name within this group, but I do not know if he is the Thomas I read about here, so often. Contact me if I can help, or if you find a thread for them.
per page

Find a board about a specific topic